• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

how long after a ht should i wait before using nizoral shampoo

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
just wondering what the general thoughts are on how long after a ht i should wait before using nizoral. I use nizoral twice a week as i get terrible dandruff and a very flaky scalp otherwise and ive read somewhere that it may be too harsh to use straight after a ht so any info would be welcome guys cheers bn:)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Hi BN
I was advised by SMG to wait 10 days after before using Nizoral again.
I just used a mild shampoo which was not medicated for the first 10 days,there after head and shoulders

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
thanks bm...... i will do that then and just use the head and shoulders after ten days as i hate having the dandruff cheers pal;)

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hey guys,

While we do advise use of Nizoral shampoo for patients with irriation and dandruff, we don't recommend it for at least 10 days post op and it's for just a short time period. We do not like any medicated shampoos during the first 10 days after surgery. That includes Head and Shoulders. Any mild shampoo while you're healing. When the transplanted tissue dries and flakes off, you won't have any choice but to look like you have dandruff for a week or so. It's part of the healing phase.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
I was using a normal non anti dandruff etc shampoo a few weeks ago,dont recall its name and i got Dandruff. The surprising thing was that where my transplanted grafts were placed the Dandruff was at its worst.

It cleared up straight away as soon as i went back to using Head and Shoulders.

I know skin cells constantly renew themselves and the faster the skin renews itself,the more chance of getting Dandruff as the old skin sheds.

Is the Dandruff in these area`s attributed to the increased bloodflow/body repairing the scar tissue however minute.

Hope that makes sense.

bm.