• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How long after a transplant can you expose your head to sunlight for a reasonable amount of time.

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Been researching for a while and one of the things that is concerning me is the length of time it will take before i can expose my head to sunlight after a surgery. My work involves a lot of travel and i'm not one for wearing hats because it doesn't look very professional when meeting my clients.

R

Radiance Cosmedic Centre

It takes approx one week time to expose your head to sunlight.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Any time you're told to avoid sunlight, it's only really to make sure you don't get a sunburn. If you think about it logically, it make sense. If you shaved your head for the surgery, and you're caucasian or light skinned Asian, you most likely will have a very pale scalp that will burn easily. Aside from that use your common sense and if you're out in the sun a lot, wear a hat and follow your clinic's specific instructions.