• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How long after the HT can you drive?

alex5

alex5

I am just trying to work out logistics as sadly, the clinic I want to go to is 200 miles away!

I have read that you shouldn't drive directly after the HT, but how about the day after?

It would be a decent sized drive, about 3.5 hours and I would need to rent a car etc.

I want to find a solution that doesn't involve going on public transport.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is advisable not to drive after surgery although I do know people who have. I did it my first two bad experiences back in the 90s which was an hour and 40 minute drive. Now I would book a hotel or have someone else drive.
Some clinics offer a private driver to take you home, saves a lot of hassle for you and safer than driving yourself.

alex5

alex5

Does that still apply if I book a hotel to stay after the HT to recover for 1 night and then drive myself back the day after?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I believe most if not all clinics will advise you not to drive. You may still be under the influence of medications. It is safer to leave your car at the hotel and take a taxi to and from the clinic.
Which clinic are you going to?

alex5

alex5

I don't mean from the clinic to the hotel I mean from my hotel back to my house the day after the surgery. It would be Leeds to London.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The day after is fine if you don`t mind the long drive. Just be careful getting in and out of the car. This is one of the times people bang their heads after surgery.

alex5

alex5

Perfect that's what I needed to know!

I dont have anyone that can drive me back so my options are:

Pay £250 for a taxi from Leeds to London directly after the HT.

Hire a car and drive myself back the day after the HT.

Just wish there was a great clinic in London

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hiring a car seems obvious for cost but then you factor in the cost of a hotel. Personally I would stay in a hotel and return the next day.