• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How many types of minoxidil + finasteride exists?

G

Gabe

The title is a bit misleading. This is my issue. I've been using minoxidil 5% + finasteride 0.25% + the foam. I asked for a new prescription and I got the finasteride concentration changed to 0.5%. I decided to change the laboratory / farmacy and for my surprise the new one has a very different color, texture and smell. Let's begin:

1. The smell is different than the usual minoxidil I've been using it for years and it is hard to confuse while the new one smells like some sort of fir tree parfume.

2. Color is yellow instead of transparent. See the attached picture.

3. The bottle doesn't mention any concentration just the substance abbreviation (MFF - The mioxidil, finasteride, foam). The old bottle was saying the full details, each concentration.

4. They never told me to store the bottle in the fridge as with the previous laboratory which seems suspicious. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find anywhere on the whole internet how the bottle should be kept, I know that minoxidil doesn't require anything but room temperature but combined with finasteride and foam I guess it should be different?

5. It doesn't feel that itchy after the substance is applied, perhaps they didn't use alcohol?

My guess is that it is good but they added parfume with the foam.

My second guess is that they gave me something else, a self made substance to combat alopecia based on some tree plant.

I didn't have time to confront them and adress these questions face to face since I had to go in vacation and won't be back any time soon.

What do you guys think? I am skeptical and I have low experience. Please help.

Screenshot_20230508_011012_Gallery.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It seems odd that there’s no labelling to indicate what the ingredients are and how you’re suppose to use it.
Can you not call or email them to ask your questions