• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How to clear shampoo residue ?

G

GMK

Hi i have undergone hair transplant Fue before 27days ..My issue is whenever i wash my hair two days once i could not clearly wash shampoo from my scalp even after long wash...scalp becomes oily and greasy its very hard for me wash... does this affect my HT and kindly suggest me what to do for getting clean scalp... check my pic

Attachments

• 20200923_230607.jpg
    20200923_230607.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 95
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
What shampoo are you using?
There should be no reason the shampoo won`t wash off. Maybe you need to use another brand.
It won`t affect your hair transplant.

G

GMK

I used himalaya baby shampoo now changed to johnson and johnson baby shampoo

G

GMK

Does water cause this type of issue? What shall i do to clear my scalp?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Baby shampoo should wash off with no problem. Maybe ask your hair transplant doctor what they think.

G

GMK

Can we apply apple cider vinegar on transplanted hair? (Combined with water)

F

Forelock

Try Nizoral shampoo twice a week to help with the oily scalp.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some say apple cider vinegar is an effective anti-inflammatory and it might help reduce the pH balance of your hair. This may help reduce an oily scalp.
If you decide to try apple cider vinegar, put a few drops of it on your scalp after washing your hair. After a few minutes rinse it off with water.
Let us know what your HT doctor suggests.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
If you're in the bath or shower how can you not wash the shampoo out? Do you mean the oil doesn't wash off after shampooing?

G

GMK

Even after i wash it off with water after massaging my scalp shampoo doest not wash off... scalp becomes oily so that i could not wash off the shampoo

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Are you washing your hair with a showerhead or pouring water using a container of some sort? I would definitely speak with your hair transplant doctor to ask their opinion.
Did you have this oily scalp problem before your hair transplant?
Any chance you could add some clear pictures of your scalp?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Even after i wash it off with water after massaging my scalp shampoo doest not wash off... scalp becomes oily so that i could not wash off the shampoo

There is no logical reason why the shampoo won`t wash from your head.

G

GMK

Are you washing your hair with a showerhead or pouring water using a container of some sort? I would definitely speak with your hair transplant doctor to ask their opinion.
Did you have this oily scalp problem before your hair transplant?
Any chance you could add some clear pictures of your scalp?
i had oily scalp even before ht... after bath i could see this shampoo only for some hours after some time scalp becomes clear i dont know y

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That looks pretty normal to me. Maybe use a shampoo for oily scalps, Nizoral will help, use it twice a week.
How many grafts did you get?

G

GMK

That looks pretty normal to me. Maybe use a shampoo for oily scalps, Nizoral will help, use it twice a week.
How many grafts did you get?
4000 grafts how it looks.. its been a month as of now