• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT at Vinci Hair Clinic in London, 18.06.21

D

djkillab

Hi guys

I've got my first hair transplant booked in at the Vinci Hair Clinic on Harley Street in London next Friday and will document my progress on here.

I want a stronger, lower hairline and some density added to my crown. I've been taking 1mg Finasteride daily for 6 months now. I didn't notice any side effects until about 5 months, where my sex drive has decreased. I'm going to have a week or so off them and then take 1 every other day instead of daily, to see how that goes. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I'll be getting the usual bits in an aftercare kit, but was wondering if anyone can suggest some other useful bits for me to get please? I've seen people mention aloe Vera gel for the itching in the donor area so will pick some of that up.

Nervous and excited!

Thanks!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could buy a maternity pillow, they are great for sleeping at a 45 degree angle the first few nights.
You could reduce the Finasteride to 0.5 per day and if all good gradually build back up to 1mg.
How many grafts will you be getting?
All the best for the surgery.

D

djkillab

You could buy a maternity pillow, they are great for sleeping at a 45 degree angle the first few nights.
You could reduce the Finasteride to 0.5 per day and if all good gradually build back up to 1mg.
How many grafts will you be getting?
All the best for the surgery.
Hi bigmac.
I'm actually not toooo worried about sleeping. I can sleep on my back so hoping the provided neck pillow will suffice. Any particular pain killers or anything for the swelling or redness?

Graft numbers will be confirmed on the day but looking at around 2500

D

djkillab

16234117068765559055396918136378.jpg

16234117772678530508014905955841.jpg
16234118248907875129584189257257.jpg

D

djkillab

This is where I'm at today. As I say, I'm looking to have a lower hairline and thickening of my crown.
I'm also having 2 sessions of PRP treatment at some point

D

djkillab

Due to sickness at the clinic we've annoyingly rescheduled for 22.06.21.
I do get an extra 2 PRP sessions for free though for the inconvenience

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I trust it hasn`t inconvenienced your plans too much the reschedule.
As for pain meds, they should supply you with some in the aftercare kit. If not, Ibrufen or Paracetamol is ok.
Good luck with the surgery.

D

djkillab

So my hair transplant took place today!
It was performed by Dr Ducu Botoaca and 2 technicians.
They extracted around 2100 grafts, alot of which were multiples. I had an average of 2.9 hairs per graft.
I also had my first session of PRP injections.

I won't go fully in to the day, as it's pretty similar to the others on here.
A couple of things I would say though that aren't mentioned too much, but may just have been me:
1. Face down in a massage table hole gets really uncomfortable after about 2/3 hours!
2. The anaesthetic injections to the back of the head we're fine. Just like getting a tattoo really. However, the injections to the forehead were savage! The Dr said that part of the head has the same type of nerve endings as your penis, so I definitely won't be getting that tattooed!
3. After the procedure, once I'd carefully sat up, I started to feel really sick and had to lie back down again for about 10 minutes. They stuck a fan on me, gave me a drink and some chocolate, and it passed after about 15 minutes. Wasn't a very nice feeling but I assume it was maybe a mix of shock, laying down for so long, meds etc.

Here are some pictures that I took. Once I get the ones through from the clinic, I'll upload them too

Attachments

• DSC_0561.JPG
    DSC_0561.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0560.JPG
    DSC_0560.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0555.JPG
    DSC_0555.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0552.JPG
    DSC_0552.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0553.JPG
    DSC_0553.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0559.JPG
    DSC_0559.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0556.JPG
    DSC_0556.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_0549.JPG
    DSC_0549.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 151
D

djkillab

So my hair transplant took place today!
It was performed by Dr Ducu Botoaca and 2 technicians.
They extracted around 2100 grafts, alot of which were multiples. I had an average of 2.9 hairs per graft.
I also had my first session of PRP injections.

I won't go fully in to the day, as it's pretty similar to the others on here.
A couple of things I would say though that aren't mentioned too much, but may just have been me:
1. Face down in a massage table hole gets really uncomfortable after about 2/3 hours!
2. The anaesthetic injections to the back of the head we're fine. Just like getting a tattoo really. However, the injections to the forehead were savage! The Dr said that part of the head has the same type of nerve endings as your penis, so I definitely won't be getting that tattooed!
3. After the procedure, once I'd carefully sat up, I started to feel really sick and had to lie back down again for about 10 minutes. They stuck a fan on me, gave me a drink and some chocolate, and it passed after about 15 minutes. Wasn't a very nice feeling but I assume it was maybe a mix of shock, laying down for so long, meds etc.

Here are some pictures that I took. Once I get the ones through from the clinic, I'll upload them too
Not sure why theyve gone sideways. If admin could rotate them that would be great please

R

reddwarf

Reading some of the posts on here I think you will be ok on just 0.5mg of Finasteride every other day if your experiencing some side effects, I'm no expert though I just read that on another thread this week. Your transplant looks good and it sounds like they looked after you.

D

djkillab

Reading some of the posts on here I think you will be ok on just 0.5mg of Finasteride every other day if your experiencing some side effects, I'm no expert though I just read that on another thread this week. Your transplant looks good and it sounds like they looked after you.
Yeah I think I'm going to go with 1mg every 3 days and see how it goes.
Yes I'm pleased with how it went and they were all nice at the clinic. Looking forward to getting the bandages off later!

D

djkillab

Bandages off today. Doner area looks good to me though is a bit tender. Swelling is coming on to my forehead so I'm expecting that to build up over the next couple of days.
Didn't have any real problems GETTING to sleep last night, it was the STAYING asleep that was the issue!

All to be expected though.

DSC_0563.JPG

D

djkillab

Day 2.
Slept a bit better last night as back in my own bed. Swelling is increasing.
Here are the pics that were taken at the clinic

Attachments

• 0M1A5664.jpg
    0M1A5664.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 0M1A5667.jpg
    0M1A5667.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 0M1A5658.jpg
    0M1A5658.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 0M1A5662.jpg
    0M1A5662.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 0M1A5661.jpg
    0M1A5661.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 106
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear the surgery day went well. It does get uncomfortable being in one position for long periods of time and the forehead injections can sting for a brief moment. Your graft hair ratio is good, your donor looks nice and clean after you removed the bandage.

Do you know how many of your grafts were placed in the crown?

Hopefully, the reduced dose of Finasteride helps you. If no sides you may be able to slowly increase it.

Use some ice for the swelling, it does help.

Thanks for the updates.

D

djkillab

Good to hear the surgery day went well. It does get uncomfortable being in one position for long periods of time and the forehead injections can sting for a brief moment. Your graft hair ratio is good, your donor looks nice and clean after you removed the bandage.

Do you know how many of your grafts were placed in the crown?

Hopefully, the reduced dose of Finasteride helps you. If no sides you may be able to slowly increase it.

Use some ice for the swelling, it does help.

Thanks for the updates.
No I'm not sure how many went on the crown, but doesn't look like many I must admit. I'll ask.

The itching is starting in the doner area. Is it ok to put aloe Vera gel on yet? Or just keep spraying it?

Here is my current swelling

Attachments

• _20210624_181315.JPG
    _20210624_181315.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 109
D

djkillab

Day 4 and the swelling is almost gone, after getting pretty funny looking!
Having my first non contact wash tonight which I'm looking forward to.
The itching got pretty unbearable last night so had to get out the aloe Vera gel but not so bad today.
I spoke to the clinic and they said that there were around 400 hairs put in the crown. I had quite a lot of 3/4 hair grafts so they've gone in there. We'll see how it goes but I know the crown takes the longest

D

djkillab

Pics from after 1st non contact wash. Really pleased with how the donor is looking though it's still very tender in places

Attachments

• _20210626_183930.JPG
    _20210626_183930.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 110
  • _20210626_183828.JPG
    _20210626_183828.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0604.JPG
    DSC_0604.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 105
D

djkillab

These areas of the donor are very sore. Woke me up last night and kept me awake for a while. Guessing it's normal?

DSC_0613.JPG
DSC_0615.JPG

D

djkillab

Day 7. Had my first contact wash tonight and it felt great! Lots of scabs came off the doner area which I'm hoping will help with the itching. Still very sore though. Scabs on the hairline are quite strong so not much change there yet, but I expect they'll loosen in the next few days.
Back to work tomorrow and trying to decide whether or not to wear a hat!

DSC_0658.JPG
DSC_0659.JPG
DSC_0660.JPG
DSC_0661.JPG

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your healing looks to be going well. The frontal scabs will come off when they’re ready.
Did you opt for a hat on your return to work?