• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT at Vinci Hair Clinic in London, 18.06.21

D

djkillab

Hi guys

I've got my first hair transplant booked in at the Vinci Hair Clinic on Harley Street in London next Friday and will document my progress on here.

I want a stronger, lower hairline and some density added to my crown. I've been taking 1mg Finasteride daily for 6 months now. I didn't notice any side effects until about 5 months, where my sex drive has decreased. I'm going to have a week or so off them and then take 1 every other day instead of daily, to see how that goes. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I'll be getting the usual bits in an aftercare kit, but was wondering if anyone can suggest some other useful bits for me to get please? I've seen people mention aloe Vera gel for the itching in the donor area so will pick some of that up.

Nervous and excited!

Thanks!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could buy a maternity pillow, they are great for sleeping at a 45 degree angle the first few nights.
You could reduce the Finasteride to 0.5 per day and if all good gradually build back up to 1mg.
How many grafts will you be getting?
All the best for the surgery.

D

djkillab

You could buy a maternity pillow, they are great for sleeping at a 45 degree angle the first few nights.
You could reduce the Finasteride to 0.5 per day and if all good gradually build back up to 1mg.
How many grafts will you be getting?
All the best for the surgery.
Hi bigmac.
I'm actually not toooo worried about sleeping. I can sleep on my back so hoping the provided neck pillow will suffice. Any particular pain killers or anything for the swelling or redness?

Graft numbers will be confirmed on the day but looking at around 2500

D

djkillab

16234117068765559055396918136378.jpg

16234117772678530508014905955841.jpg
16234118248907875129584189257257.jpg

D

djkillab

This is where I'm at today. As I say, I'm looking to have a lower hairline and thickening of my crown.
I'm also having 2 sessions of PRP treatment at some point