• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT Photographs....

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all...

Having been looking at the hundreds of photographs I have been taking over the past year it amazes me how different I look in some....

I will be honest and say that when I take a photo and I think it look crap and makes my hair look very thin I am guilty of pressing the "delete" button..

We all want to look our best and no-one likes a bad photo.... but on forums like these I think its important to show an honest picture.

I have posted pictures in the past and received replies saying wow... you now have a full head of hair... or that I am being fussy when I say that I still have a "thinning look"..

Anyway... just as an example here are some to compare..

Attachments

• DAY 216 PIC 9.jpg
    DAY 216 PIC 9.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 536
timuk

timuk

and here is one taken at a later date.....

my hair has been cut to the same length....

I think that my hair looks much thinner... and its just a different angle with my hair not brushed back....

Attachments

• lighting pics.jpg
    lighting pics.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
timuk

timuk

and here is another that makes me look like I have no hairloss..

Attachments

• DAY 165.jpg
    DAY 165.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 558
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim

There are so many variations that can happen when taking photos.

Flash,angles,lighting,hairstyle all can give different views of a photo and make your hair look better or worse than it really is.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Consistency, I think, is an important factor. For before and after pictures, you really need the same lighting, angles and distance to be able to compare and see progress. There are some pictures that look better with flash and without flash - so if you keep it consistent, you should be able to keep acurate comparison pictures.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Is it not also a result of any hair products you use?

I know my hair, which is very fine, behaves very differently if it's wet or has gel in it - it sticks together more and looks thinner. It looks its best when it's just been washed and is cut short.

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

BS...

That is also a very good point...

Strange thing is that my hair looks better and thicker when it has wax or gel in it... that sort of wet look ??

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I thought i would post Spencer Kobrens tv interview again as it demonstrates what Tim is talking about.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/JChYcf4Hx58&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]