• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT result - opinions on this hairline

J

jaimepn

I had a hair transplant 3 days ago.
My focus was on hair density, so i asked for my hairline to be preserved.

Their suggestion was to start implanting just a few cms above the hair line, so the result would look more natural. I want natural, so I agreed.

Now when i look into my head more carefully, i wonder if the implant starts "too behind" my natural hairline. Or if the hairline density should also have increased there. It's very difficult to picture what the end result is gonna be.

Im still in Turkey and worst case scenario i can chase the clinic for a top up.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Heres a pic of my head, 3300 grafts, 3 days later.

20200720_103934.jpg

Last edited:
J

jaimepn

Another pic
20200721_090543.jpg

Attachments

• 20200721_090543.jpg
    20200721_090543.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 245
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How old are you and do you have a pre op picture?
You`re hairline will look similar with the sparse native hairs that are present. What has the clinic said about these hairs?

J

jaimepn

Im 37.
I talked to them, asked for a 2nd opinion. They said it looks good, but i can have a retreatment if I'm not happy after the hair grows.

It's just that i don't want to go through the hassle of having to shave again and wait another year for results.

Preop pics

Attachments

• 20200721_141603.jpg
    20200721_141603.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 20200721_141538.jpg
    20200721_141538.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 265
  • 20200721_141518.jpg
    20200721_141518.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 301
J

jaimepn

How old are you and do you have a pre op picture?
You`re hairline will look similar with the sparse native hairs that are present. What has the clinic said about these hairs?

Replied above

J

jaimepn

Would you guys wait for a result? Or insist on an adjustment while in turkey?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
From what I can gather they decided not to lower your hairline due to your age. Planting into your existing hairline may cause shock loss, usually temporary but sometimes permanent. I`d say you will need to shave those sparse hairs unless you can live with them.

J

jaimepn

From what I can gather they decided not to lower your hairline due to your age. Planting into your existing hairline may cause shock loss, usually temporary but sometimes permanent. I`d say you will need to shave those sparse hairs unless you can live with them.

When we discussed drawing the hairline i was very clear I want to keep mine, and increase density with a natural look.
Their response was that the first line of existing sparce hair will give me a more natural look and the implant will give fullness.
I trusted that.

I also posted this pic on reddit, and it's been controversial so im very worried.

I asked for a second opinion at the clinic and the guy said it looks good (maybe as an attempt to avoid having to do something? Dunno). The clinic says that i should "wait and see" before issuing a complaint.

But on on the other hand if it's obvious this WILL NOT look good,i could try to insist in a touchup before I go home.

God I don't want to shave again and go into another year of waiting...

Shaving my hairline is a no no.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You had sparse hair prior to your HT. Were you ok with it? Nothing will change except you should have a fuller hairline above providing everything grows ok.
When you say touch up, where do you mean touch up?

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Re-establishing a hair line is not a touch up as such as Bigmac rightly says, in fact it takes a lot of singles in the first few rows to look natural and then multiple haired grafts behind it, so a good amount go into this area and to do it again is a shame as you would have put in theory a lot of singles into this already design hair line. The placement seems very spread behind from the photos, but hard to tell to what point, so being on medication is probably a good option if they have planted in and amongst native hair also.

I would not do more surgery personally, you have invested a fair amount of grafts and a good percentage of your donor so ideally need to preserve for future loss. I would wait to see how this comes in and then decide. If all goes well and you are happy then great, but I would certainly wait and see in 12 months. I know it is a pain to do again but you do need to keep in mind future loss and your crown is also opening, so planning is really important and your donor is finite also.

All the best for the healing and growth.

J

jaimepn

The placement seems very spread behind from the photos, but hard to tell to what point

It's funny you say that bc I have that impression also.
I had 2 implant areas drawn in my head:
- front, smaller area, which would have less density (for natural look)
- bigger implant area in the back for more density

The person that drew the lines left the vicinity after doing so. So im wondering if the ppl that stayed for the implants got it the other way around and put more density in the front area that was supposed to take less?

Are you sure that the front area is more dense? That would be serious!

Maybe I'm overthinking i dunno. Im scared, and honestly i hope i don't regret this!!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at your pictures it would appear more density was planted in the hairline and more spread out over the rest of the scalp.
Have you any donor area extraction pictures?
Are you using any hair loss medications?

J

jaimepn

Looking at your pictures it would appear more density was planted in the hairline and more spread out over the rest of the scalp.
Have you any donor area extraction pictures?
Are you using any hair loss medications?

How serious is a mistake like that?

I spoke to the relationships guy who tried to dismiss with a "don't worry, usually front area will have more density anyway".

But that's not what we agreed. My main goal was looking natural.

We will raise this at the clinic tomorrow, but i don't have much expectations. What can they do?? And tbh im scared of them now.

I don't know what i should expect from this transplant. Should i brace my self for a disaster when the grows back?

I tried finasteride and minoxidil but had awful side effects, the dr then recommended a hair transplant as a last resort. And here we are.

Donor area pic

Attachments

• 20200721_222119.jpg
    20200721_222119.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 238
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I would not write it off just yet. If all grows well you will have a thicker hairline. All you can do is wait it out now and see what it looks like in 12 months. If they planted the wrong amounts in the zones agreed, then they should have told you why. Ask for whatever you agree tomorrow to be put in writing while you are sitting there.
Having a transplant without meds always has the risk of you losing more hair and needing another.
Your donor picture is a little dark but it looks ok.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In your pre op picture your mid scalp hair looked quite dense which could be why the spaced out planting. Ask the clinic what density they planted the areas.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Mate

Just reading the thread and your messages , it sounds like you have lost confidence in the Clinic my advice is to leave it as it is because you have already used up 3300 Grafts , your donor is precious and even if you have to have more work in 12 months you have the reserve . You do not know how this will come out yet try and keep calm mate .