• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT scar repair on cable tv show

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
Did any one see the latest show of botched, its a show in the states where doctors repair and correct different cosmetic procedures,this eposide had a ht patient that wanted to repair his scar, they put a ballon in the scalp and put saline in the ballon to stretch the scalp.so there would be no tension in closing the scar.in the end the patient said he regreted the decision , but they showed the back of his head and you couldn't see the scar, and his hair was cut short. I don't know if he regreted having a hair transplant or the scar repair,intresting show.

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Gutted I missed it, ill try and find a link thanks dude

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
http://streamonline.me/botched-season-1-episode-6-boob-freak/#.U-Z1w2MZ78c

bullitnut

bullitnut

Yeah it's an interesting video i enjoyed it.
Thanks for the link Sparky it worked on my laptop but not my phone so heres another in case that doesn't work for everyone.Z:B
http://vimeo.com/103246645

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That was quite the scar on his head, he should have walked away when they switched locations for his surgery.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Yeah I agree.....wouldn't fancy walking round with that balloon on my head either.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Shame he ended up with the scar though as the HT didn't look too bad.

Not familiar with botched but seen a documentary on Discovery channel based on same theme, sad to see how improper surgery really spoil people life. What are laws against surgeons like these.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I skipped to the end when the scar repair patient showed his scar after the scar revision and the doctors on the show saying how scar revision may not improve the scar and that there's even a chance of the new scar being worse off. A better option would have been for them to refer him to a hair restoration clinic to fue grafts into the scar. This patient wouldn't have had to endure the tissue extender.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Have you ever seen the tissue expander method yourself Janna, it looks kinda scary.