• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT with BHR Clinic - 1234 FUT

M

Maximus

Hi Folks,

I recently underwent a HT with the BHR clinic in Brussels and wanted to take the time to post a few words about my experience.

First, just a little background info on me. I'm 29 years of age and have had a receding hairline since I was 17. By 19, my temples were pretty much bald. After this, my hairloss stabilised, save for a slight thinnning in the forelock area. By 24, I decided to have a HT to fill in the temples. My 1st procedure was with Transmed in Turkey, receiving 1400 grafts. For me, the results were very disappointing and I really needed Toppik to get any sort of cosmetically acceptable result. 2 years later, with no further hair loss, I again uderwent a HT, this time a FUE procedure with Prohair. The results, again, were not great, but an Improvement, with maybe 50-60% growth. By growing my hair a little longer, it was enough for me to finally ditch concealers, but I was still looking a more dense hairline.

After waiting another 3 years and again with no further loss, I decide I would like another procedure to finish the hairline once and for all. After doing my research, I arranged a face-to-face consultation with Dr Bisanga and Stephen, his UK Rep. My concern with having another procedure was that, after having already had 2 ops performed, my donor area may well be exhausted and should my hairloss progress it could leave me in a bad place. However, my concerns were alleviated, as even after 2 ops, my doner hair was still in good shape. I had been told by both my previous surgeons that my donor hair is very strong and above average, so I'm extremely lucky in that respect. After the meeting, we decided on FUT surgery, with no more than 1300 grafts (in the end, 1234 grafts) in the frontal third in order to give it a thicker appearence.

So, 2 weeks ago today, I had my op. The whole day went by pretty quick, with me actually falling asleep during the procedure. I was bit nervous at the beginning, my heart rate was a little all over the place, but the staff were fantastic in helping me relax, which was great. Funny thing, during my first op, I was fine, but this time, I knew exactly what the Doc was doing and had seen pictures of the strip being removed and it just made the whole thing a little harder, knowing what was going on back there.

Stephen, the UK Rep who was my contact point, was also fantastic and helped me out on the day with something in a way which I really appreciated and I keep him posted on my progress.

My sutures were removed last Monday, which actually was the most painful part of the whole process. I'll not even go into details, but Jesus, I urge all of you to make sure the nurse or Doctor removing your stitches knows exactly what they're doing or prepare yourself for a bit of pain.

Btw, for those of you thinking of having a similar procedure in the hairline but are worried about people finding out, I'm 2 weeks post op and my HT is completely hidden. During the first 5-6 days I had swelling, but by day 8 my face was back to normal and my hair was long enough to cover all the scabs.

I've posted a few pre and post op pics. I'll try and keep you updated with my progress down the line, but I have to say, I tend to unreliable when it comes to these sort of things, but I will do my best. If you need anymore details guys (or girls) about the op, the clinic, were I stayed, anyting really (preferably hair related), just let me know and I'd be happy to provide as much info as I can.

All the best,

S

Attachments

• Fotos.zip
    499.8 KB · Views: 499
Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Your existing hair looked pretty good. I am sure you are going to have a great result.

Good growing to you.

L

leestacy38

We shared the same problem. I have search for a cure for hair loss and was so desperate for a solution. Upon my research, I have learned that dandruff, excess oil in the hair follicles and chemicals from shampoos are one of the factors of hair loss. It makes the hair follicles weak that it don't have enough strength to hold the hair. I found this treatment centre that offers hair detox that cleanse the scalp to promote natural hair growth. I was so happy that I was able to solve my hair loss problem and right now I am growing more hair naturally. Hair growth is possible with out any pain, we all need is be patient and do the treatments often and after achieving fuller hair, we just need to maintain the essence to keep the hair growing naturally.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi IrishRover

Many thanks for posting your experience with us in this detail.

Look forward to the updates and will keep in touch. Regards form all at BHR.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
leestacy38 wrote:
We shared the same problem. I have search for a cure for hair loss and was so desperate for a solution. Upon my research, I have learned that dandruff, excess oil in the hair follicles and chemicals from shampoos are one of the factors of hair loss. It makes the hair follicles weak that it don't have enough strength to hold the hair. I found this treatment centre that offers hair detox that cleanse the scalp to promote natural hair growth. I was so happy that I was able to solve my hair loss problem and right now I am growing more hair naturally. Hair growth is possible with out any pain, we all need is be patient and do the treatments often and after achieving fuller hair, we just need to maintain the essence to keep the hair growing naturally.
People who are clever enough to have found this forum are too clever to fall for this crap.

J

Jojje

Valued member
leestacy38: you forgot to post the link for the crap you are selling :D

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks for posting your account mate.... i took the liberty of posting your pics for you incase people dont have the software to see them.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,498
Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,492
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,524
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,546
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,523
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,623
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,511
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,531
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,585
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,534
bullitnut

bullitnut

and finally

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,508
M

mars

Valued member
That will look the business when its grown out no doubt but i cant believe you got a strip surgery for that..firstly your donor looks mighty thick and could support a alot more fue,if you had got 500 fue broke them up into singles and got over a 1000 singles that would have been just as good cos u didnt look bad to begin with,im not exactly impressed with bhr for doing a strip in this situation.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi mars,

I'm sure irishrover can answer anyway, but also to say; there were a few reasons for Strip, a few examples, our patient already had a strip procedure so was not a virgin scalp, he also did not want to shave the donor for FUE, regardless of the numbers so FUE was really not an option for him, especially for the numbers he required. The strip was minimal and in relation to his existing Strip.

As you are probably aware we are not know for doing "small" Strips, and we always lean towards FUE for cases of this size, but you do have to look at each case on it's own merits and way up the pros and cons, previous strip surgery, no wish to shave, sometimes patient's wishes if reasonable etc.

Also it would not have been acceptable to to take for example 500 FUE and then split them down into singles, to gain the result required; the only area of the hair line that requires singles is the first mm's, by placing so many singles would have left a very see through look to his hair line, not natural and not blending with the hair behind as this needs multiple hair units to achieve this. The hairs per graft placed reflect this.

1 hair 350, 2 hair 574, 3 hair 287, 4 hair 23

2451 hairs from 1234 grafts, around 2 hairs per graft on average was required to fill in to the hair line and give the result required.

Last edited: