• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

ians ht round 3

I

ian

Valued member
well... i did it again;). my third hair transplant and hopefully this one should be my last one.

i had 1800 grafts placed in the midsection and the crown. ive had a total of 7300 grafts over three hts.

been a while since ive been on the forums, hope you are all well.:::C

hopefully the pics will be below.

Attachments

• ht2 2yrs#.jpg
    ht2 2yrs#.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 803
I

ian

Valued member
this is a pic of me before any hair transplants. taken in 2005

Attachments

• pre op.jpg
    pre op.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 781
J

JJ09

You have had an excellent outcome from your previous procedures ¬b` this one (final?) should fill in nicely.

There were times when I thought I was doing my last procedure, or at least be able to go hat free €¦unfortunately this never occurred, this was early to mid nineties however. I hope further loss doesn €™t creep up on you and you will be satisfied, all the best!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking very good Ian,hopefully this will be your last HT and you will achieve all your goals.How are the meds holding up for you.

The area transplanted is larger than the area marked out,did Dr Feller see more miniaturized hair in the mid section,therefor planting there as he predicts you will thin out more in that area.

Thanks for posting and i`ll look forward to following your progress.

Heal and grow well.

bm.

I

ian

Valued member
thx for the comments, i did notice a shed in the mid section about 6 months ago maybe due to me not taking dutasteride as often as i should ( i have resumed taking it every day;)).

dr.feller commented that my crown loss may go slightly lower at the back over the years, he said the mid was strong.

on the upside i have more donor hair avaliable, dr.feller says i could get another 2000-2500 grafts over 2 ops via strip, ill save that for future loss if any.

have a good weekend. ian

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
congrats dude on your recent surgery.... looks great;)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Congrats on things. Looks good and should help fill in the midcore and crown nicely. Heal well. Thanks for the post and the great photos.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers Ian,hopefully the meds will prevent any future loss,its good to know you have more donor available if needed.

Take it easy and grow well.

bm.

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Ian, what a difference in the pre op and current pic (before the latest HT) this one will be the icing on the cake! It looks like there isnt that much to conseal looking forward to seeing how this looks in another 6 months on :)

I

ian

Valued member
thanks for the comments guys, i will update with pics as time goes by.

Peachy

Peachy

Ian looking good, heal well mate plus another 2000 grafts available in the bank. As for the hair did you leave it long to cover up or did you shave down?

Bigmac, would be good to have a 'Dr Feller' folder in the 'Doctor Patient Photo Gallery' section. What do you think?

I

ian

Valued member
i have left the hair long so it covers the scar/staples,
i am keeping the staples in for 3 weeks to help stop the scar stretching (im a stretcher) so with the hair longer around the sides it is alot more comfortable whilst sleeping.
i dont find the staples bad this time round.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ian

Did Dr Feller recomend you keep the staples in for 3 weeks,willyour skin not heal up around them and make it harder to extract them.Also have all three strips been taken from the same place(one strip scar)

Hope you are doing good.

bm.

I

ian

Valued member
dr .feller recommended that i keep the staples in for three weeks,

as for the staple removal, i had them out on friday and they came out very well, it was alot better than my last staple removal, only 1 staple hurt whilst being removed, not bad out of 73. maybe it hurt less because it had more time to heal!

and finally i have only 1 strip scar.

i will post some pics next week (1 month).

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Ian,its good to hear they came out easy.

I`ll look forward to seeing your donor closure pics.

Heal and grow well mate.

bm.