• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

indications of high NW's

S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi all

was musing about indicators of high NW levels ,it seems to me after perusing many on-line pics of people that have a higher NW it seem to me they lose there temple points do you think this is true in most case's? also the earlier one begins to start the balding process the more aggressive the balding seems to be.

What are your thoughts/findings/conclusions

SP

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
I agree with your findings SP. The younger they are when thinning start the more risk of higher NW level they'll end up. The higher NW levels tend to lose their temporal points too but I'm not sure all those receding in the temples mean they will become NW 6 or 7. It's an interesting thought and something to think about or research into.

When you are young, it's tough to think about taking ht medications for such a long span of time, but fingers crossed - the medications will hold onto much native hairs as possible.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting theory about the temple recession however i`ve seen many who start at the crown and the hair loss creeps forward.

This dilemma must be faced by HT doctors all the time when deciding if they`ll do a HT on a young patient.

I too feel that when they start to lose their hair at a young age they are far more likely to progress to a high Norwood level.I know quite a few guys who were thinning/receeding in their teens and are Norwood 4 to 6 in their mid twenties.

L

Leeson esq.

Valued member
What about Billy Joel? Just receded some, hit 50, boom, lost it all.

T.C

T.C

Maybe he was wearing a piece before then decided to go eu natural and hey presto a bald head !!!, maybe not though.

garageland

garageland

Valued member
I don't think anything is guaranteed with hairloss, i am certainly a nw6 but my temple points are still pretty good.I started noticing my hairloss at aged 21 i'm just coming up 36.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
There are absolutely no guarantees with hairloss but certainly the younger you are when you start to lose your hair the higher the risk of becoming a high NW pattern. Ofcourse there are many exceptions to the rule. I was 19 when I started to notice. Thank God that I had a pelt like a mink so there was a lot of hair to start with.

NN