• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

introduction of maybe youngest hairloss victim

M

m7_kas

hey

i have posted this in the thread about pro bono offer but thought i would repost so those who do not come across it may be able to give me advice

unfortunately i started experiancing hair loss at the most earliest age 16, i was in school at the time and had someone say to me my hair was falling out, i took no notice of it and carried on with my simple happy school life.

once i reached college and turned 17 things got really bad my hair loss finally kicked in major style causing me to have to cut my hair so it would be less noticable.

loads of people told me shaving it would help so over a number of months i did this and wore a hat inside and out of the house. these days were awful it would be hot inside my college and the hat would cause irritation and be very annoying and ontop of that looking around me all i could see was young guys with amaizing hairstyle.

i carried on my life avoiding people and minimising having friends due to loss of confidence and being depressed.
i had a bold/skinhead hair cut and always wore a hat due to feeling that i looked like an alien and many other things.
this year was very bad for me, i was so depressed i failed college and had no social life, nothing seemed to be going right.

as my parents wanted me to get an education i carried on, i knew i had to do something about my hair before i rejoined my new college so started gathering the money i had saved for my car and by selling other of my personal items.
i happened to come across advance hair studio, it was the only place i checked about hair loss and phoned up and got booked in at leeds. i was very naive and handed over a deposit of £1750 for a procedure called strand by strand.
i thought i was getting my hair back in a similar way to a transplant, were each hair would be replaced how it orginally was - companys word.
on a later date i went back and i had pieces of hair from the back of my head taken and my head measured up, with the guy showing me were my new hair line would be. i was still very excited thinking i was going to finally get my hair back, i was told i would have to wait till two months till my new hair would come back. at this point i thought my hair was going to be replicated and would be re-inserted into my scalp.

during this two month wait i started looking into the procedure a little more and somehow managed to find out that all i had payed for was a wig. at this point i did not know what to do my heart was in my mouth that i was paying thousands for a wig. i rang up and said i didnt want the procedure but was told all i would receive back was a few hundred pounds. so stupidly i carried on and when the day finally came for me to for my procedure.

this day was horrible i had just payed a huge amount of money for something i did not want and never would have. i was 18 at the time, which 18yr old wants to wear a wig???

well i was stuck so went along with it, had this piece placed and glued onto my head. i was even more miserable then before, i had no money and had a stupid wig on my head
as a week went by i had really bad irration on my scalp but was just told to use a brush as it was jus an itch, my scalp felt like it was burning and was really uncomfortable

so i booked myself in and went back, it was painful enough having the thing removed but seing the effects it had caused to my head was even worse. all of my scalp was full of spots and red all around, even the people working there were shocked. i was told it was the bonding solution and that another one was available but i did not want this thing back on my head as i was traumatised by it. so once again i had to have hy hair taken off and i was back to stage onE, expect this time i was broke.

after a month worth of recovery i phoned the company and they offered me a laser option which i am currently doing.
this has nearly come to the end but has not worked either.

i have missed a lot of info out but am trying to keep it breif all i can say is im 18 and some days i wake up not wanting to show my face, i cant enjoy anything in life and cant have a relationship due to lack of confidence and embaressment (i used to be told i was attractive before)

loosing my hair has effected by life very badly and going through treatments which have failed have made things worse.
i blame not having hair for a lot of misfortune in my life e.g not having a job,relationshop, financial issue and being constantly depressed and upset

i have sympathy for all of those who have had bad hair transplants but beleive me to experiance this at this age is something that breakes you down more then anything

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Hey---extremely sorry to hear of your situation. Many of us can relate and understand what it is you are going thru. Make sure that you spend a lot of time thoroughly looking over all of your options so that you don't make matters even worse.

Do you have photos that you can post? Personally, my advise to you is that if you are experiencing that much hairloss already at your age, a HT might not and likely is not the answer for you at this time. It is possible that you might one day be able to get a FUE procedure (research this) which might provide you with a mild balding look, but more than likely you'll never have a full head of hair.

I can sympathize with what you are saying, but many men are very attractive with the shaved look and I constantly hear woman mentioning this.( I work with all woman) It might not be exactly what you want but it really is a normal and good look for many.

I hope others will chime in on this thread. Good luck bud. We truly do care.

NN

M

Monald

I am a female. I can say that women do find the shaved look attractive. It looks clean. I don't even see baldness when I look at a guy. I see the person.

P

parable

Valued member
Hey-

Like the others have mentioned, I feel for you mate. Being young and balding is a real killer on the confidence but really, although it feels like the end of the world, it isn't and this is coming from someone who started thinning at 18. Also getting a hair transplant at such a young age can cause more harm than good. Especially with shock loss in the picture. Are you on meds at all? Rogaine, propecia? If not, I'd suggest you get on at least propecia to halt and hold what you have.

What may be better for you is to look into PRP. If PRP is successful at reversing miniaturisation then that may be the go for you. I couldn't imagine that you have lost a whole lot of hair thus far at your age? Which brings me to my next question. What norwood level are you at the momentl? Are you a diffuse thinner?

These are all things you need to look into bud before even thinking of a hair transplant.

Hope this helps bud. Try look into meds if you haven't already and pay close attention to the results of PRP, it may help you and be more suitable as opposed to a t.plant at this current time.

Last edited:
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I started to loose mine around the same age i know how you feel,the spam head comments and general piss taking that goes on with hairloss is a real kick in the teeth.If i were you shave it off and keep it off,i wish i had done that .The bald look looks good ,grow a goatee. No-one will say a thing.

M

m7_kas

thanks for the support guys but i can honestly say the bald look does not suit me at all, when someone sore me with it they asked me if i was almost ten years older then i was, and if i had kids, i was so upset because of this and other comments i received.
i do understand it looks good on some but not at all on me, i was used to having a fully styled hair that was a distinctive part of my appearance and am always told by other to grow my hair back to how it used to be but what they do not realise is im lucky that atleast most of my scalp is still covered with my current hair

as for my current condition i have a receeded hair line, and extremly thin, dry hair and a sort of island forming ontop were the hair is going. it is basically like straw, i have to constantly brush it down to make sure my island isnt visible but it is that thin even the wind brushes it to one side.

as for treatment, i am currently undergoing laser treatment everyweek for one hour and am nearly at the end of my sixth month programme. i also take a tablet called serenoa 350 which was given to me from the company.
as the time has passed i was told things would improve after the half way stage but very minimal progress has happend and i really want to get away from this, i avoid almost every social activity possible and my current lifestyle is very dull and depressing.i just want to get on with my life and have one less thing to worry about. as i have said i have lost almost £3500 with ADVANCE HAIR STUDIO and i am most deffinetly going to take my time researching my next procedure.

can you give me more detail as to what PRP is?

and i will try posting pics up but i honestly think having a transplant is my only option

T.C

T.C

UK-18 I have read about many unsatisfied customers of Advanced hair studio saying they were ripped off or mis-sold on other forums.When desperate we take desperate measures,I know from experience. A bit of advice re lasers,they dont work and their is no honest clear photo proof anywhere they produce cosmetically significant results for hair so I wouldnt waste your time on this.Just do some internet research and you will discover this.Dont know what "serenoa" tablet is but I can advise you their are only 2 poducts that are approved and recognised to stop and/or regrow hair,propecia and Minoxidil.You should try Propecia which I take and it def works.These companies will try and sell you anything if they think you are gullible enough so beware of the hairloss industry and do lots of research before parting with your money in future.The only way is forward from now!!!.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
What is the youngest age clinics will perform a H.T ?

S

solar panel

Valued member
Uk18

the best thing you can do for your situation is get on Propecia and rogaine, It sounds like you are a diffuse thinner ,"straw hair" is your existing hair beginning to miniaturize, take a look on here @ propecia rogaine results i think it will give you a lot of hope, You have a lot in your favour your young you,ll likely respond very well

Re: Lazers Seratona9000 or whatever its called >C>::

Propecia, Rogaine ¬b` Generic versions can be bought cheaply on-line and remember do lots of RESEARCH especially if your gonna take the HT route in the future there are a lot of hack doctors who pray on the ill informed

GL

SP

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I know that solar panel is looking out for your best interest but be very careful of buying meds online. I would try to get from a HT clinic to ensure that what you are getting is the real deal. Unfortunately, even these things the crooks have managed to fake. Scarey.

NN

P

parable

Valued member
For all that wanted to know-
Serenoa is basically the same thing as the herb 'saw palmetto'.
Uk_18 have a look at the other thread by BHR in regards to PRP should be a few threads under this one.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi uk 18, i too got ripped of by AHS, best thing is to get some pics posted, do loads of research, send pics to clinics, go to a couple of ht clinics for advice(but dont sign for anything while your at the clinic, go home do more research) look into getting proscar or just go for the shaved look NCB

M

m7_kas

thanks guys for all the support and advice so far but AHS told me that i wasnt suitable for propecia due to being too young and that it had negative effects but this tablet which i am taking now is the equvilent but without negative results, i was told i would be given propecia after i finish the 6 months programme but i am going to have to pay for this and i dont want to give them any more money.
how did you get ripped off by them NCB

people who are using propecia is it working ??

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi uk18, i was ripped off by getting sucked into the same BS as everyone else, that you got your hair back lol, i spent over £3500 basically for a posh wig, which i hated,are you still going to AHS how much are you paying for proscar, the NHS might give you it on persciption? im using proscar and its working for me,

Last edited:
M

m7_kas

yeh i hated the crappy thing soo much aswell it was insulting, yeh i am everyweek cost me money in travelling aswell

and what do you mean by proscar?

M

m7_kas

thought id add a few pics for you to see my current condition

2009-08-19212523.jpg

2009-08-19212538.jpg

2009-08-19212554.jpg

2009-08-19212609.jpg

2009-08-19212739.jpg

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
proscar, similar to propecia, best emailing some of the docs and consultants on this website for some expert advice, and read everything on this website, its all honest advice, get as much infor as you can get hope this helps NCB

M

m7_kas

ohryt iv been using it for about 4-5 months not done much at all IMO

yeh hope people can help me settle with either a med or treatment that will help my condition improve

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi UK18

Welcome to the forum,i hope it helps you.

Looking at your situation i would definately try and get on Propecia/Proscar.

You should go to your GP and ask him to prescribe it for you.If he has not heard of it as some haven`t,maybe show him the forum and educate him/her a little as some are reluctant to prescribe certain meds.

Take care

bm.

M

Monald

Zionaxel,

Whoever would call you spam head is subhuman. If it was a guy, you could say that you have more male hormone than him or that you are more masculine than him. See, balding hair is masculine. For that reason, I think any hair loss looks more normal on a guy than a girl.