• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Is It normal for hairs to fall out 2 weeks post op?

J

jeezy

Hi all

I am 2 weeks post FUE procedure and the hairline grafts have started to fall out, I know this is to be expected, just wanted to double check if the timeline is about right with it being 16 days post procedure?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jeezy.
The average is around 10 days but some people will she’s earlier or later than that.
Sometimes grafts continue growing for a week or two before shedding and other times they don’t shed which is a small percentage of patients.
You have nothing to worry about shedding at 16 days.
How many grafts did you receive?

J

jeezy

Hello Jeezy.
The average is around 10 days but some people will she’s earlier or later than that.
Sometimes grafts continue growing for a week or two before shedding and other times they don’t shed which is a small percentage of patients.
You have nothing to worry about shedding at 16 days.
How many grafts did you receive?
Thanks for the reply Bigmac,

Yes that all sounds right, probably started noticing them falling around day 10 and now 15/16 days most seem to have disappeared from the temporarily formed hairline (looked so good ;)

I had 2500 grafts done via FUE

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing your new hairline disappear can be sad to watch but it’s the second stage after the planting and all part of the process. It`ll be exciting when you feel the grafts popping through when they’re ready.