• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

I've been recommended Minoxidil for 6 months

A

Ant5580!

Hi there,

I've recently had an FUE transplant and the surgeon recommended that I use 5% foam minoxidil for a period of 6 months as it may help enhance hair growth.

I was wondering however that would this be counter effective if I am only using it for 6 months as people say you need to take minoxidil for the rest of your life to keep the results or are my reasons of taking minoxidil only to encourage the recovery/growing process and wouldn't actually affect my final result if I stopped taking them after 6 months?

Thank youuuu :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some clinics do recommend using it a few weeks after surgery to speed up growth. There is no guarantee it will speed it up.
Any miniaturised hairs that regrow with it will revert back to their pre minoxidil status once you stop using it.

You could see quite a bit of growth that will enhance the HT result. You may then decide to continue its use.

Are you currently using any hair loss prevention regimen?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
In most cases, hair loss is genetic and therefore there is (at this moment) no cure.

You will need to 'battle' progressive hair loss daily if you want to keep your hair healthier.

Most of our patients are advised to stay on hair strengthening medication in a lotion form indefinitely, or until either they lose interest in their hair or perhaps there is a future solution that can somehow change the genetic part.

A

Ant5580!

Some clinics do recommend using it a few weeks after surgery to speed up growth. There is no guarantee it will speed it up.
Any miniaturised hairs that regrow with it will revert back to their pre minoxidil status once you stop using it.

You could see quite a bit of growth that will enhance the HT result. You may then decide to continue its use.

Are you currently using any hair loss prevention regimen?
Thanks Bigmac,

I reckon I'll start it then and see how it goes after 6 months. Because of my work and travelling, doing the foam twice a day may become difficult in the future, however am I right thinking that you can also take Minoxidil orally?

At this moment I am not on any hair loss prevention. I may consider finasteride in the future, however this may not need to be done right away, and I am a little put off by the risks that comes with the those.

Thanks once again :)

M

mania

Hi there,

I've recently had an FUE transplant and the surgeon recommended that I use 5% foam minoxidil for a period of 6 months as it may help enhance hair growth.

I was wondering however that would this be counter effective if I am only using it for 6 months as people say you need to take minoxidil for the rest of your life to keep the results or are my reasons of taking minoxidil only to encourage the recovery/growing process and wouldn't actually affect my final result if I stopped taking them after 6 months?

Thank you
The surgeon knows what would be better for you regrowth your hair better after FUE hair transplant surgery ...

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Most men suffer from genetic hair loss. There is no cure in the sense the you can heal it.
If you want to keep your hair in good shape you will have to fight the fight, and use minoxidil and other products daily.

Philw

If u take minoxidil for 6 months u will get peach fuzz hair growth then if u stop using it u will lose that hair u grew so u have to take forever,my opinion it's a pain in the arse applying it every day I think
Maybe go on finesteride 1mg and take it
Mon,wed fri to stabilise ur hairloss
U have to take finesteride forever as well to keep what u have gained