• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Just booked my HT for July 2020 at The Hair Dr Clinic Drewsbury. (I will Document my progress here)

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Ok guys after well over 5 years of researching HT's ive finally booked mine for July 2020. My choice of clinics were Dr De Reys in Belgium or Dr Arshad in the UK. Now i know Dr Arshad is more expensive per graph than Dr De Reys and this was something that was a factor, but due to logistics with my job, the fact i live in the UK and that i wanted to have 4000 graphs (Dr De Reys will only do 3000 graphs over 2 days) i pulled the trigger and booked for July 2020 with Dr Arshad at The Hair Dr Clinic.

My plan is to have my frontal area rebuilt and my crown filled. With the fact that lockdown has hit and me being the singer/guitarist in a local band for a living now has become the perfect opportunity to have a HT as gigs have stopped for the foreseeable future since pubs are shut.

I must say I'm nervous, anxious and at the same time excited. I will finally be able to style my hair in different ways and feel confident again when the wind blows or when i go swimming on holiday.

I'm going to document my journey and progress here as i know when i was researching i loved to read about people's experiences and results.

I've added some before pictures.

IMG_6594.JPGDr Arshad - Hair Dr leeds.JPGIMG_6596.JPGIMG_6597.JPGIMG_6603.JPG

M

mdx182

I have just signed up to this and this is the first post I have seen. How do I find out more about Dr Arshad? Thanks for sharing, I hope it all goes well!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I have just signed up to this and this is the first post I have seen. How do I find out more about Dr Arshad? Thanks for sharing, I hope it all goes well!
There are quite a few progress journeys on here regarding Dr Arshad and The Hair Dr Clinic. Do a little search Mikey.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Seach his name on here. Lots of patient and clinic results posted.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
4000 should give you good density and coverage. With larger sessions, the blood supply to the follicles has to be considered. However, yours looks as though it will be spread out across most of the top of your scalp. I think you will be fine.
Remind me, are you using any hair loss medications to prevent any further loss?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Nope I’m not on any medication, my shedding Seemed to stop a while back though which I consider a good thing. As for coverage I’m hoping the Dr will advise what to do to give me the best result with the number of graphs. I’ve seen some people have amazing results with just 2000 graphs and their hair loss seems to be much worse than mine. Fingers crossed I come out with a great result

Totally agree with @Bigmac it is extremely important to consider potential future hair loss when embarking on hair restoration surgery. We always stress a hair transplant does nothing to maintain the hair one already has therefore if there is a family history of advanced hair loss then maintenance is recommended and for this purpose one can most commonly consider finasteride +/- minoxidil. We use both oral and topical forms of these medications in our practice and Dr Arshad can provide his opinion on these options tailored to the individual persons needs.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Totally agree with @Bigmac it is extremely important to consider potential future hair loss when embarking on hair restoration surgery. We always stress a hair transplant does nothing to maintain the hair one already has therefore if there is a family history of advanced hair loss then maintenance is recommended and for this purpose one can most commonly consider finasteride +/- minoxidil. We use both oral and topical forms of these medications in our practice and Dr Arshad can provide his opinion on these options tailored to the individual persons needs.
Family hair loss history is quite good really, my father and both my grand fathers had a good head of hair but the same kind of Hair loss pattern as mine.

If your first degree male relatives have retained their hair as they have matured and your own hair loss is stable then these are really good signs for you in terms of maintaining the hair you have at present. As mentioned Dr Arshad likes to discuss this and counsel on this topic extensively before embarking on the surgery so there will be plenty of opportunity to explore this further.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Just over 2 weeks till my HT at Hair Dr and I’m getting excited as well as anxious now! I’ve been looking at so many HT before and afters Photos and reading up on patients experience Which have started boosted my excitement. once this is done I can’t wait to be able to style my hair how I want

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Try to relax about it. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

E

Edsarn

All the best @Baldingman23 the team @HairDr Clinic will look after you really well, and make you feel at ease the whole day.

It is normal to get nervous though, I was nervous before each of my four operations. Just think about your end result and be confident in your surgical team. They are all very caring and considerate.

Keep us all posted! Very best wishes.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I didn't take any meds cos I thought my hair wouldn't thin
I was wrong also bear in mind when u have a hair transplant it sometimes triggers off more hairloss behind the areas
Good luck with it all though

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I didn't take any meds cos I thought my hair wouldn't thin
I was wrong also bear in mind when u have a hair transplant it sometimes triggers off more hairloss behind the areas
Good luck with it all though
Where did you have your HT

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Had my first one at hospital group in uk,they are now bankrupt
The second and third was with dr feller at feller medical in New York

E

Edsarn

Nothing is guaranteed in life, but you've booked your surgery @Baldingman23 man with a highly experienced and trained ENT surgeon, who is a consultant in the NHS. I remember when I was in the hospital with my partner who was hours away from giving birth to my fist child and a woman stood outside the labour ward told us some horror story about her friend who'd had massive complications with her birth and nearly died. Clearly, we we did not need to hear that story. My partner's birthing experience was fine, as will your hair transplant with the @HairDr Clinic. They are very competent, caring, and professional. You will be fine, and in 12 months time (or sooner) you will be happy with your new head of hair!

P

Priceyrice

Just commenting to follow your progress, I have a consultation with the Hair Dr this week. Looking forward to seeing your results, all the best!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Well today is the day of my procedure. I’ve been awake since 5am as I think the nerves and adrenaline are running high. Sommiya from the clinic rung me yesterday to confirm everything and to see if I had and questions.

Reactions: LM_
E

Edsarn

Know the feeling too well! Once You get to the clinic and the sedative kicks in, you’ll be fine! Nothing to it - all you do is sit there. Take care, abs best wishes.