• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Laser removal of hair transplant grafts.

E

Epicfridge

Is it possible to remove all hair on my scalp after 2 years after a bad FUE procedure? I can't seem to find much information online and feel trapped by the situation as when I just shave my hair off the implanted hair which grows differently shows up and the white dot scars from the overharvested donor area are clearly visable.

Would laser removal help in fixing this? If so any idea where to go for this in the UK? I would ideally like to just be bald now without further procedures and medication. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot_20210806-083656_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-083713_Gallery.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to see you’ve had a poor outcome with your hair transplant.
Your donor has a lot of scarring. What does the transplanted grafts look like when grown out?
Possible solutions would be to have the transplanted grafts punched out and placed back into the fue scars. This would probably be expensive and require multiple surgeries. Have a look at Mustangs donor restocking.
Have Smp into the scars and shave your head.
Laser removal, you could contact a hair and skin clinic or dermatologist for their opinions. Some Hair transplant clinics may be able to recommend one.

E

Epicfridge

Sorry to see you’ve had a poor outcome with your hair transplant.
Your donor has a lot of scarring. What does the transplanted grafts look like when grown out?
Possible solutions would be to have the transplanted grafts punched out and placed back into the fue scars. This would probably be expensive and require multiple surgeries. Have a look at Mustangs donor restocking.
Have Smp into the scars and shave your head.
Laser removal, you could contact a hair and skin clinic or dermatologist for their opinions. Some Hair transplant clinics may be able to recommend one.
Thanks for the reply. I know my options are limited sadly. To be honest I'm a complete novis and regret ever having it done. I just want it over with which is why I asked about laser but have contacted somone about smp incase it's not a possibility.

The transplanted grafts were weirdly ok as they grew in. Is that normal? The end result though is bad. Angles of the hair (mainly up) the hair only goes one way and is very static. There are large gaps now and the hairline has multiple grafts all the way along. I am taking dutasteride daily just to keep some of my hair but it looks awful long and as you see shaved so I feel unable to do anything with it.

Screenshot_20210806-084434_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-084458_Gallery.jpg
20210824_205813.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The grafts will grow at the angles they were planted. They may have looked better when first growing in as they were finer/softer and hadn’t fully matured as we see them now. Have you lost more hair since the surgery? I’m mainly referring to the gap/thinned area in the mid scalp.
Were the grafts planted with implanter pens or forceps? Was there a doctor involved with the surgery?

Lasering would be expensive to remove all those grafts and there’s no guarantee some won’t grow back which will result in more laser treatments.
Is there any hair length where it looks better? Say a number 2 which covers the scarring and short enough to disguise the mis-angled hairs?

Have you a close up showing the multi grafts in your hairline? Also, how many grafts did you receive?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just trying to gain a clear picture on your situation.

E

Epicfridge

The grafts will grow at the angles they were planted. They may have looked better when first growing in as they were finer/softer and hadn’t fully matured as we see them now. Have you lost more hair since the surgery? I’m mainly referring to the gap/thinned area in the mid scalp.
Were the grafts planted with implanter pens or forceps? Was there a doctor involved with the surgery?

Lasering would be expensive to remove all those grafts and there’s no guarantee some won’t grow back which will result in more laser treatments.
Is there any hair length where it looks better? Say a number 2 which covers the scarring and short enough to disguise the mis-angled hairs?

Have you a close up showing the multi grafts in your hairline? Also, how many grafts did you receive?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just trying to gain a clear picture on your situation.
I will attach a photo of what it was before. I feel I have lost more though yes. The actual incicions were done by tecnichians of which I never saw any qualifications, using forceps and the holes were done by the doctor. They used 3200 grafts. I went to one of those hair mills in Turkey so it's not a surpise how it's ended up. I didn't ask relevant questions or do enough research. I wish I knew then but obviously now it's to late.

I have a close up of the multiple hairline grafts I will attach as well. There's not really any length were it doesn't show on the hairline. I can cover the scars at the back when it's longer but at every stage the front is noticeably different. No products work at keeping it down and it just springs back into position.

I see that lasering would take multiple sessions for any sort of result. Just not sure of any other option really. If by chance it did work would the scaring still be there as it is now or would it all look the same?

Honestly really appreciate the responses.

20210824_221043.jpg
Screenshot_20210824-221112_Gallery.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, they did a very poor job at placing and sorting grafts for your hairline. This really saddens me when they do this and mess people up.
I think it might be an option to have a consultation with a decent HT doctor to see what they advise. They are use to seeing situations like yours and should give you some good advice and maybe a solution.
I`ve seen patients have the worst grafts punched out, have finer singles placed in the hairline and add density to other thinner areas to give a homogenous appearance which may be thin but could look natural. I know you’re saying you’ve ruled out Ht`s it it could be an option with a skilled doctor. It could be cheaper than laser.
It`s hard to say about scarring. Everyone is different, how we heal etc. You won’t know until you have the treatment. Smp into the scars is probably the most cost effective option.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Epicfridge. Did you go ahead with the laser treatment? I hope you were able to fix this.

M

mania

I think the result of your hair transplant surgery seem to be not very good.

loui

loui

Valued member
Would have been nice to see a electrolysis treatment on this problem. The guy was last seen a year ago so I guess we are out of luck. :(

R

RobCal

Actually I think the 2nd pic doesnt look that bad, I guess it was a buzz-cut?or scissor?, with an SMP in the donor you could pull it off fine.

Philw

2nd pic hair is too course looking
And it dont blend in
Mind u every hair transplant ive seen when cut short ie clipped short never looks natraul and never blends in

Philw

Ah right guess im wrong then
They are the lucky ones
In most cases hair transplants when cut short
Dont look natraul
Angles stick upwards
Course looking
Love the video especally the 2nd one

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Ah, the videos were in response to Phil saying transplants do not look natural when cut short.
I think they do look natural if the grafts are at the correct angles and placed in the proper locations.

Philw

I must have had a crap transplant cos when i cut short my transplants stick up like a toothbrush and are hard course like a toothbrush
Who did the 2nd hair transplant in the 2nd video cos that's a great result

R

RobCal

I must have had a crap transplant cos when i cut short my transplants stick up like a toothbrush and are hard course like a toothbrush
Who did the 2nd hair transplant in the 2nd video cos that's a great result
how much short? you mean like bzzu cut or shaving?

Guest!

wow i have the exact same thing. are you able to style your hair when you grow yours out? mine just sticks up at 90 degrees ... can't do anything with it.

Philw

When i buzz cut zero hair lays flat but gaps around transplants obviously lays flat cos i have no hair
If i clipper no1 2 or 3 stick upwards like a toothbrush
Can style when longer but only flick over 2 one side cos thats how hair transplants grow
Want them all removed