• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Living With A Poor Hair Transplant. Listen To This Man's Story..It Is RARE They Allow It To Be Shared!

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
This patient, like many, thought that going to a cheap hair mill type clinic was a good way to improve his hair and presentation to the world. I always say the larger the marketing campaigns the smaller the doctor behind then..if there even is one.

So, fast forward a year and you see the total devastation of this decision and really a life changing one, for the worse. We see this weekly if not daily and pretty much hardly any are willing to share anything at all to help others.

This man is an exception and allowed this and for no personal benefit to self..so, please take the time to see this and be warned of what can really happen and that a hair transplant is a medical intervention that does take a lot of skill to do and will impact your life and it had no fast easy fix.

sl

sl

Thank you for the comment.

For the clinic it would be down to the patient to wish to disclose, we have no interest in that apart from trying to educate people. Even if the clinic were named it would just mean a tick off a box but not really address the issue that is far larger. The message is that patients need to be far more diligent in research and go outside of the price per graft and all the fancy add-ons that are offered with glitzy campaigns.

This is a surgical procedure and life changing and they need to start asking more questions like is there even a doctor? Who is he/she? Who trained them? Where are the bonafide patients and people I can meet? This is valid not only for Turkey but UK or anywhere.

This case on some forums, and similar cases that we post, we are told this is a great result and the patient had too high expectations, so the blame is on the patient. If so, my question would be why then doesn't the performing clinic use it on their own social media to showcase it? Of course it is nothing more than shills and we have seen more and more of late..and it does show also why very few will even share their experiences. This is rare to share and even more so with the patient speaking. Sadly we see these cases week in and week out, if not daily.

We hope that people will take this whole process more seriously but I am pragmatic..what we or others do is a drop on the ocean and the victims will increase as they have dramatically over the last decade.

Thank you though for your interest and comment.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s great that the patient allowed the clinic to share this video. The faults that Dr Bisanga points out are things a lot of prospective patients wouldn`t realise. The mis-angled hairs, donor damage etc. Hopefully, a lot of people see this video while researching and learn from it.

Reactions: sl
sl

sl

Hi Kevboy, thank you for your interest.

I will see who the rep is dealing and find out any movement on this. I hope we can be of service but of course the patient can have many consultations and then decide on who they feel is the best option for this. For a repair you do really need to make sure you get it right and this is really now specific work so hope he does make a good decision.

His attitude to help and warn others was really to me astounding and for that alone I hope we can help him.

H

HairHunter

Valued member
It would be really interesting to see if BHR can help this guy get back to a place where he can buzz it off and look somewhat natural.

If there's anyone who can help this guy it's definitely BHR.

vanguardsmp

vanguardsmp

Really nice to get solution and move on in life. I hope you can repair this young man and give him his life back.

H

HairHunter

Valued member
Seen a very interesting short clip on BHRs YouTube channel. Dr. Kostis was doing the incisions for a crown case, incisions and directions very clean, the next video showed beard hair (1600 grafts from memory)

Would be great to see some more information on this case. I think it was beard hair only used, but I could be wrong. Would be interesting to know if this is correct, i always thought you had to mix the beard hair on a lower ratio with scalp. Is this a unique case due to patient scalp hair/beard hair calibre?

R

repairmybadangles

allowed this and for no personal benefit to self
i find it hard to believe Dr. Bisanga didn't give the man some discount or other benefit for publicly sharing his story.

In fact, I would say the respectful and appropriate thing to do would be to offer some discount for sharing.

At the end of the day this is just a marketing video to increase business for Dr. Bisanga.

sl

sl

Some are willing to share without financial gain and be genuinely there to help others and the pain is obvious that he wants others to avoid the same fate. Few do, and we see many a week, so he really should be applauded and if more did share then maybe he would not have had poor surgery himself. It is a conveyor belt for many, poor results from a clinic and not being willing in any way, shape or form to help others.

Often the patients who share for discount then after surgery ask for removal of all media once they obtained the surgery, so the motive was not to help others as a primary reason, and also if a patient is paid then it should also be disclosed of any benefits to do so.

This patient will see various clinics and decide where he wishes to go, and it may not be us as we are not the only consult he will have. I do not have myself dealing with him personally but our motive has always been education and always will be. He will need to see as many as clinics needed and not rush into a fix and make sure above all it is not financially motivated also. We would not wish to entice a patient with offers but give them all the time needed to then make a well informed decision.

If we can help him then great, it will be his choice where he wants to go and for sure I hope we can look after him and do the best possible repair surgery also and this would also not denigrate from him being a genuine person whose primary goal was to help others.

We have a lot of business, I think 2 decades of consistent results probably has helped that along with unparalleled educational, interviews and all that we share and continue to do so.

All the best for your repair.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Incentives are not needed when genuine patients are willing to help others by showing their faces and sharing what happened. He is a good person for sharing. Let us hope he can have a good repair that allows him to have a better life.

Philw

I understand all that but clinics seem to think we can pluck money out of thin air to go under the knife AGAIN , also as its a repair its even more money!!!
Clinics seem to forget for most guys getting the money to have a hair transplant breaks u and especially when u get messed up by it
There needs to be a programme for all clinics in uk, europe etc that do 1 free repair a yr cos when u have poor surgery like i have it ruins ur life and ur families etc
Needs to be more care for patients if we are not happy cos if it wasnt for us, the forums etc clinics would go out of busniess within 1 week

sl

sl

Pro-bono work is always good for a clinic to do and we have done more pro-bono work on this forum than any clinic I am aware with several of them posting here also over the years. The whole point of the video and the brave testimony is to make others really think twice in whom they choose for their surgery, in the hope they will not make the mistakes this man did. Repairs are not easy, they are usually more expensive and take a different skill set and experience and as highlighted here you simply cannot repair all of it. This is why the patient was willing to do it, and as the title says, this is rare and probably because they are so attacked it also takes a toll on them also. Sadly there are not enough of these videos to help others, 99 percent or more will never share, but I do understand why. Patients are really just so reluctant to share now and more so when the surgery has gone wrong, and I when deal with them I do say to them it can be draining, so think twice before sharing. This patient video on our channel has had many comments that the work is brilliant or it is all his fault or he is a liar etc that you do ask yourself is it really worth doing this kind of video. I will need to convince myself of doing more to be totally honest.

It is really important though to make the right choices and we have been saying that for years with in-side the op room, interviews and educational videos, so you are talking to the converted. I don't know many who have tried to provide the sheer amount of educational material we have and also done so many repairs. Yes, repair work is far harder and why the patient really does need to make sure they are responsible for their decisions also and not to take it lightly and listen to advice given, even if not comfortable.

Repair work is more challenging for the clinic and the patient alike who will usually have a much higher expectation level and demand than on the original clinic who damaged them and then be responsible for the outcomes and with real challenges of poor angles, ridging, pitting and wrecked donors, but still be under very high scrutiny to make the job far better if not perfect. It is important for the clinic and patient alike to align goals and have realistic expectations and be well assessed and educated and have no false promises or pressure to come to us for surgery.

Regarding patient care, that comes primarily from the clinic in whom you were the patient, chose to go to, trust and paid. They are then responsible for you and the outcomes but I know it is easy to vent anger at the whole industry in general.

I saw your case this weekend in various national newspapers such as the Sun and the Metro, that was brave of you, and if I understand rightly you will be repaired by the clinic who shared it, reading between the lines that is, and if so then great, hope you can update in on your threads and we all look forwards to seeing it.

R

repairmybadangles

Some are willing to share without financial gain and be genuinely there to help others and the pain is obvious that he wants others to avoid the same fate. Few do, and we see many a week, so he really should be applauded and if more did share then maybe he would not have had poor surgery himself. It is a conveyor belt for many, poor results from a clinic and not being willing in any way, shape or form to help others.

Often the patients who share for discount then after surgery ask for removal of all media once they obtained the surgery, so the motive was not to help others as a primary reason, and also if a patient is paid then it should also be disclosed of any benefits to do so.

This patient will see various clinics and decide where he wishes to go, and it may not be us as we are not the only consult he will have. I do not have myself dealing with him personally but our motive has always been education and always will be. He will need to see as many as clinics needed and not rush into a fix and make sure above all it is not financially motivated also. We would not wish to entice a patient with offers but give them all the time needed to then make a well informed decision.

If we can help him then great, it will be his choice where he wants to go and for sure I hope we can look after him and do the best possible repair surgery also and this would also not denigrate from him being a genuine person whose primary goal was to help others.

We have a lot of business, I think 2 decades of consistent results probably has helped that along with unparalleled educational, interviews and all that we share and continue to do so.

All the best for your repair.
appreciate the well-wishes. Maybe I was a bit too strong in my initial wording.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I understand all that but clinics seem to think we can pluck money out of thin air to go under the knife AGAIN , also as its a repair its even more money!!!
Clinics seem to forget for most guys getting the money to have a hair transplant breaks u and especially when u get messed up by it
There needs to be a programme for all clinics in uk, europe etc that do 1 free repair a yr cos when u have poor surgery like i have it ruins ur life and ur families etc
Needs to be more care for patients if we are not happy cos if it wasnt for us, the forums etc clinics would go out of busniess within 1 week

Phil, the surgery is elective. It is the responsibility of the patient to choose a clinic and do their due diligence while researching. Another clinic can’t be expected to fix another clinics poor work for free. First and foremost, it is the responsibility of the clinic that did the surgery. Obviously, there are times when a clinic may be in a position to offer someone a free surgery, but it doesn’t happen too often. The clinics that do good repair work are not forcing anyone to book with them. It is a choice. This guy in the video will have benefitted greatly from having his situation/scalp examined thoroughly by Dr Bisanga. He should know what options are available to him.
Some clinics simply refuse to take on repair patients. They can be very complicated cases that require multiple visits.
The video posted is a very useful reminder to anyone considering surgery what can go wrong. BHR and the patient are to be thanked in my opinion for the education this and other videos provides. Anyone who views this video will/should think twice about surgery.
Your own threads on here will warn people about what can go wrong.

sl

sl

Thank you..yes very very rare as title says..don't expect many of these. It is not easy for the patient nor clinic who records it. It is on our Youtube channel and I get a lot of attacks for this video as does the patient in the form of comments that it is all fake, he is a liar or an actor, it is good surgery and or he is to blame and no-one else. I do really see why 99 percent just really cannot be bothered to share. It is really draining and I do warn patients of that when possible as some really do not realise what they will unleash onto themselves also from shills. If this result is so good then the performing clinic should post it in their portfolio as an example of their work.

Many thanks though for your support and recognition of this.