• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Looking for some feedback please - HQ HeadQuarters Cardiff

Techno1

Techno1

Monthly updates will be more appropriate when making comparisons.

J

Jonny.

It's now 7 and half months but still finding improvement and especially density not there..

20211111_123011.jpg
20211111_122944.jpg
20211111_122926.jpg
20211111_094006.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jonny.
Certain areas are still thin but you do have time for it to fill in. Hopefully, you’re just a slower grower.

S

smokeybacon

Hi smokey bacon..I'm using finasteride but not minoxidil, been on it about 6 months now..
If you can use minox why not start, it can maybe help boost the hair growth quality for you. As it works different to finasteride.

J

Jonny.

Had an appointment,with my surgeon yesterday,and it's 8 months next week,he has agreed that it's not filling in as it should, and has agreed to put a top up in of a 1000 grafts,fora small fee to cover punch and anaesthetic, have booked date in March to give it a year since last surgery..Happy with that just hope I get more density then

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did they rule out any underlying condition such as LPP that can cause poor growth? If there are no issues, ask them to verify the cost beforehand.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Lichen planopilaris is a form of scarring alopecia. There are a few posts on the forum about it. Hopefully, you don't have any scalp issues but it won't harm to mention the subject to your doctor before opting for a second surgery.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It can be underlying/hidden and only activated after you had surgery. Won`t do any harm to mention it.

J

Jonny.

It seems to be ok at front where he said he put more grafts singles,but more of a density,there are signs of growth behind but sparse,so he said he will put a 1000 extra grafts,if it was lpp perhaps wouldn't had any at all?..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Underlying conditions can cause sporadic growth. Sometimes the scalp will red and itchy.

J

Jonny.

Scalp not been red and itchy at all,no problems there.just think it's too sparse,looking back now I had 2200 grafts and 5300 hairs something like that over quite a big area and just think and hope this extra 1000 grafts in March will bring the density up..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, well hopefully you get a lot more growth in the next few months snd this 2nd procedure produces a result you’re happy with.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Has anything changed since your last update?

J

Jonny.

It's 9 and half months now and still bit thin having extra 1000 grafts on March 2nd,I've pulled hair back now when I brush forward it not too bad,hopefully extra grafts will thicken it

20220109_210152.jpg
20220109_210136.jpg
20220109_210055.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s definitely improved and a noticeable difference from your pre op pictures. It’ll be good to hear the clinics opinion when you go back and find out the exact number of grafts they think you’ll need.