• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Looking for some feedback please - HQ HeadQuarters Cardiff

J

Jonny.

Hi all,I had hair transplant 6 months 1 week ago,and I feel that the growth is awful slow and I'm getting a bit concerned, just wondering if anyone could let me know if this is normal growth or if there a problem.thanks

20210930_115639.jpg
20210930_143925.jpg
20210930_144010.jpg
20210930_141353.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jonny.
Some patients are extremely fast growers while others don’t see any growth until months 5 and 6. Your growth at this stage could be quite normal. Could you provide more information on your surgery? How many grafts did you receive? Was it FUE or FUT? Do you have and pre op and immediate post op pictures you can add? Are you on any type of hair loss prevention regimen?
In some of your pictures your scalp in the recipient area looks red. Is this the case?

J

Jonny.

Hi big mac,no my head is not red must be the photo,yes I'm on finasteride,I had about 2500 grafts,it was a fue procedure, I will try upload post op pic I not got any pre op,I try add some more recent ones as well.thanks

IMG-20210813-WA0019.jpg
20210930_173233.jpg
20210930_115726.jpg
20210930_161416.jpg
20210930_115639.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, good to hear it’s just the lighting making the scalp appear red.
You had 2500 grafts. Was the transplanted area bald or just thin? Without seeing any, it’s impossible to compare. It does look as though you have a full hairline.
Have you kept in contact with the clinic? You could ask them for your surgery data and any pictures they took.

J

Jonny.

The area in front of the hair I pulled back was bald had receded, I have requested photos in an e mail last night but they not sent them yet ,I went to see the surgeon at 5 months as I was concerned of slow growth and he said everything looks fine and I should wait until 12 months,but I not to sure as every research I do there a lot more growth than mine,he said most people just show the ones that doing well,and I could be a slow grower,to be honest he told me that he was going to give 2500 grafts in consultation but not sure how many I had,in some light it looks so thin and others not to bad

20210930_184536.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If that whole area was bald, then you have decent growth so far. You should expect more In the following months. You have to be patient. I’m sure if you search slow growth at 6 or 7 months you will find plenty of examples.

J

Jonny.

Thanks for the advice,I really hope so as it's hell with my mental health as I have to grow my original hair down to cover it as it looks silly or wear a cap always,this what looks like when I brush my hair forward but you can still see it also if wind blows the hairline they put in is thicker at front to what they put in behind so in between 2 hairline,the new one and original it's rather thin and looks strange,but thanks for the advice,have you had one yourself?or have you got good experience

20210930_114955.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve had multiple hair transplants. Some I’ve documented on here. Experience wise, lots of experience.
It’s normal to have the hairline transplanted at a higher density with single grafts and behind slightly lower with multi hair grafts to create density. Once the larger follicles have fully grown and matured you should expect a decent coverage that blends in with your native hair. You could try adding some hair fibres or other types of concealer to add density while you wait for more growth.

J

Jonny.

Thanks for the advice ,that's what the surgeon told me about the hairline,just hope it gets thicker and blends in..

J

Jonny.

It started to come through slowly around end June early july

H

Hoping_for_hair

If you were totally bald at the front before then you have had some good growth so far with lots of time for more to come.

Can be tough when you see clinics posting about fantastic results after only a few months but logic says that is what they would want to highlight! There are lots of examples on here and elsewhere of other people growing slower but still achieving very good results.

What is standard is most places say 12-18 months is when you can judge it as everyone is different so need to stick with it!

I struggled as well early on looking at others more advanced but coming upto 7 months now and starting to notice it improving more and more now so try and stay positive!

J

Jonny.

Thanks for the positive advice,I look at it every day under light and it was really getting me down as it is so slow,and I got wear hat everywhere as I try grow my original hair down to cover it but it's noticeable, I really hope it'd just slow and not a failure.thanks.it was bald to where I pulled my original hair back,it had receded to there.

J

Jonny.

I'm a bit unsure about naming the clinic,on a forum,as I think it would be unfair,so far they have been really good,I had concerns last month and they invited me back in to speak to surgeon,they have always responded up until now I did e mail them wednesday asking for some pre snd post op photos,and as I'm a worrier anyway ,I said I have been on a few forums ,and told them that somebody told me, on another forum, that even if I was a slow grower I should have more growth by now,I wish I never e mailed them this now,as it was the first feedback I had,and as I was worrying I said this to them,they must be fed up of me contacting them and worrying,but they not sent the photos as of yet.

M

My2021story

If the clinic have been good then you should be naming them- it’s not a case of you slaying them or anything. The point of the forum is to help others so could be very helpful for us.

J

Jonny.

I understand I think they were very professional in every way,it's just I want wait see if I get good results before I can give advice on them either way good or bad,hope you can understand this.dont want burn any bridges with clinic just yet

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit unsure about naming the clinic,on a forum,as I think it would be unfair,so far they have been really good,I had concerns last month and they invited me back in to speak to surgeon,they have always responded up until now I did e mail them wednesday asking for some pre snd post op photos,and as I'm a worrier anyway ,I said I have been on a few forums ,and told them that somebody told me, on another forum, that even if I was a slow grower I should have more growth by now,I wish I never e mailed them this now,as it was the first feedback I had,and as I was worrying I said this to them,they must be fed up of me contacting them and worrying,but they not sent the photos as of yet.

Hey Jonny.
It’s good that you’re in regular contact with the clinic. There is no harm asking for opinions on forums. Hopefully, the advice is from someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. It sounds as though whoever said you should have more growth by now has provided an inaccurate statement that I would disregard.

Once you have your pictures they will most likely reveal the clinics identity. You can use a photo app to change the background.

For now, you simply have to wait and see what further growth you get. Hopefully, you get enough that makes you happy.

J

Jonny.

Thanks bigmac,they have not responded to the request of the photos I also asked to clarify how many grafts I had as well,and also told them in e mail that I had been on forums,and was told that even if I was a slow grower I would have more by now,whether this has upset them but I have not heard back,this us why I'm reluctant to say who performed my surgery just in case they think I'm giving them bad publicity, so I really don't want ask them again,if they send them they send them,but I will wait until about 10 to 12 months to see if there is improvement and take it from there..