• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Looking for some feedback please - HQ HeadQuarters Cardiff

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You’re stressing quite a bit. Try to relax and see what happens over the next few months.

F

Follicly_challenged

Hi Jonny, forgot to ask, where did you go for your HT?

J

Jonny.

Cardiff,hq very professional.just took some photos of my native hair growing down over it just need it thickening up under my native hair...very good service.

20211007_101909.jpg
20211007_100232.jpg
20211007_095232.jpg
20211007_094708.jpg
20211007_094627.jpg
20211007_094611.jpg
20211007_094556.jpg

F

Follicly_challenged

Definitely coming along nicely. As BigMac has suggested, try to relax and maybe take some time away from the forum for a week or so? it can consume a person when they are anxious.
Keep us updated with your progress :)

J

Jonny.

It's coming up to 7 months next week I've had haircut today,and it's really not improving its really getting me down..it looks worse after hair cut..

20211013_174321.jpg
20211013_174254.jpg
20211013_174219.jpg
20211013_174201.jpg

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
7 months is still early days for a HT. Hold in there Jonny

J

Jonny.

I know that baldingman23.just no improvement since 5 months it seems to be staying same...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You still have time for more growth. Your transplanted hair that has grown could be going through a shedding phase, meaning looks worse before it gets better.
The area was bald before and now has quite a bit of growth and a new hairline. It’s probably improving, just slowly.

J

Jonny.

It's coming up to seven months Sunday and still looks same as a month ago and month b4 that...

20211021_201226.jpg
20211021_201312.jpg
20211021_201257.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jonny. The growth is there and you need to give it time. Styling your hair like that doesn’t help either as you’re parting it which will always expose the scalp.
Are you still in contact with the clinic?

J

Jonny.

Hi bigmac thanks for your reply.no I don't style my hair this way I just pulling it to one side to see better...which ever way I'm doing it at moment if brush forward you can tell something not right as the transplanted hair is thinner than original hair, and thicker line at front to rest,but yes I will hang
in there,but it's frustrating,as I wearing hat all time for now

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Transplants rarely match existing native hair density if the native fair hasn’t thinned that much. If all your grafts grow, they still have quite a bit of time, then the density should be good enough to give the appearance of a full head of hair.

Are you in contact with the clinic?

J

Jonny.

I understand that but was hoping g I could cut my native hair short and the new hair blend in but at moment I'm trying to grow my native hair longer to cover it but it looks funny as the longer my native hair grows the thinner it gets and gust of wind you can see where its thicker at front and then thin to native hair so it's hard to style,I'm beginning to regret having it done as I look worse than b4,I'm contemplating shaving it all off,which defeats object,I am in contact with clinic,I spoke to surgeon at 5 and half months and he said it looks OK and he put more hairs in front and that's normal,he also said which didn't give me confidence, that he could add some more behind if it don't thicken up,don't think I could go through another year of this again with no guarantees it's really getting me down,I look in mirror from side views and my original hair looks thick then gap really thin then aline at front which ok,if that line was same thickness all the way back it would be fine.

S

smokeybacon

I know you have heard it from others, but it is still too early to make judgements. If you are behind the average that does not mean you are not going to get a decent result in the end. It looks like you have a good amount of hair growth and it needs to thicken up. Sorry if I missed it, but are you using any treatments like minoxidil?

J

Jonny.

Hi smokey bacon..I'm using finasteride but not minoxidil, been on it about 6 months now..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could add sone fibres to help you over the next few months. Then see how it looks at 12 months.

J

Jonny.

7 and half months this week not sure if any different to 6 months

Attachments

• 20211103_101615.jpg
    20211103_101615.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211028_134536.jpg
    20211028_134536.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20211028_134555.jpg
    20211028_134555.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 104
D

djkillab

Valued member
Hi Jonny.
I know it's hard but i think you're looking at it and comparing too much. Just do it monthly and I'm sure you'll see the difference.
Maybe you or bigmac could put up some month on month comparison pictures/collages and I think you'll see more progress and be happier