• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Lupanzula 2800 grafts FUE

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Thanks for the update Cairnsicus.

Both your healing and regrowth are ahead of schedule which you must be really pleased about. Looking forward to seeing plenty of changes over the coming months.

Yup - v pleased so far.. look forward to seeing you early next year in London!

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Hello all - 3 month update time.

Pretty chuffed with how things are going so far.. There's a pretty decent amount of growth across the recip area which is blending in with my existing hair.

I roped my girlf in to cutting it yesterday (first time she's ever cut hair!) - she did a pretty good job I thought. Nice to have a bit more shape to my hair for the first time in 3 months - which the recip hair obv massively ads to.

As per last months pics - they were taken in pretty unforgiving natural light. The over all effect looks even better in the mirror.

Forza!

Attachments

• 3 month front.jpg
    3 month front.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 856
  • 3 month left.jpg
    3 month left.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 840
  • 3 month right.jpg
    3 month right.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 846
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for sharing your experience with us that amount of grafts should give you a nice result , your donor looks great looking forward to your progress all the very best and wishing you great results

Daz

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Thanks for sharing your experience with us that amount of grafts should give you a nice result , your donor looks great looking forward to your progress all the very best and wishing you great results

Daz
Hi Daz - cheers! I'm glad I did my research on places on like here and didnt go for the Turkish option..!

Scott Medikemos

Scott Medikemos

Valued member

Early regrowth has set you up for quick aesthetic changes. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon!

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Early regrowth has set you up for quick aesthetic changes. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon!

Nice! I'm walking around without a hat now... no one has noticed!

R

reddwarf

Your Girl should take up barbering because she's done a grand job. Can't wait to see this in 3 months if your getting growth already. What does it actually feel like emotionally to see hair regrowing.

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Your Girl should take up barbering because she's done a grand job. Can't wait to see this in 3 months if your getting growth already. What does it actually feel like emotionally to see hair regrowing.

ha! yea she did a good job - although the clippers did chomp out a bit round the back

Emotionally? that's a deep question! short answer it feels great. Longer answer - it feels like a long fought, justified win - I've tried everything lasers/pills/foam blah blah.. but to actually see my hair start to look how I remember and want it to look - it feels and amazing and about time!!!

Most of my close friends have been losing hair too - and they all shave it off... Which is fine (although I think they'd look 10 years younger and feel better if they did something about it).

In my case it's always been a case of "this aint f**king happening to me"

I've been thinking about surgery on and off sincde 2005.. and I'm really glad I waited (I'm 40 now) and I did my research..!

Good question red dwarf!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cairnsicus.
Thanks for documenting your story. 2800 is a decent amount of grafts and should make a great difference to your appearance. At this 3 month stage, I can see your new hairline taking shape with the new growth coming through. Your girlfriend did do a decent job of cutting your hair. It`s always nice to get that feeling of being back to normal.
Good to hear you did plenty of research and waited.
I`m looking forward to your next updates.
All the best.
Bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing the 4 month update.

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

morning all

Here are some 4 month post op photos - again - in unforgiving direct natural light

V pleased with progress. I've spent time now hatless with most of my life long friends (who suffer from hair loss to varying degrees) and NONE of them have called me out on my hair line - which is insane, frankly.

Anyone concerned about keeping a HT on the down low.. as long as you have a good doctor and a natural hairline - you should be fine from month 3 on!

Attachments

• 4 month front.jpg
    4 month front.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 712
  • 4 month left.jpg
    4 month left.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 684
  • 4 month right.jpg
    4 month right.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 797
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good at 4 months. I like the shape and design of your hairline. The hair looks thin right now but as you say it was unforgiving light which we know can make it appear thicker or thinner. It probably looks better in person.
Good to hear you`re not wearing a hat now and none of your friends have given a second look.
Cheers for the update.

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Hello folks

5 month update pics. All good and happy. In unforgiving light again.. Anywhere away from the stark winter English light the result looks better. But I want to be 100% transparent with these results.

In other news - I finally got busted! I've only told my girlf and my mum - absolutely no one (including friends I've known all my life) - have said a word. But finally, having my hair cut a couple of weeks ago - my new barber said "have you had a hair transplant..?" he must have seen the blood drain out of my face because he followed it up by telling he he only figured because my frontal third was thicker than the month before and *he* had a transplant too!

We had a good chat about the whole process - he went to a clinic in Belgium too (not Lup) - really funny

Attachments

• 5 month front.jpg
    5 month front.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 720
  • 5 month left.jpg
    5 month left.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 721
  • 5 month right.jpg
    5 month right.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 843
Scott Medikemos

Scott Medikemos

Valued member

Absolutely amazing! And to think the next two months are probably going yield the biggest changes on the journey.....

The consistency with the camera angles are serving the community well as you can really compare the results month on month.

You must be over the moon.

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

yea the comparison between month 3 to 5 is pretty crazy..!

Looking forward to the next couple of months!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Wow!! Great results, how much did this cost please

Cairnsicus

Cairnsicus

Hi folks - hope everyone is safe!

6 month update time. Still all good. As you can see it's getting progressively thicker upfront - which is amazing of course

As well as the usual pics I've included a comparison of end of Oct (approx 3 weeks post op) to the end of March.

I had a little crustiness in the hairline which has been solved by jojoba oil - thanks to Scott Medikemos for that recom.

I think the latest challenge for all of us is the lack of barbers open because of the dreaded CV19 - I'm isolating on my own - so no girlf to help trim my hair.. I've started brushing it a bit to the side (first time in about 15 years) but I think it really need to be cut more before properly styling it.

The other option of course is to clipper the whole thing myself - which would be convenient (and look ok) but would kibosh the progression of my photos!

Attachments

• 6 month front.jpg
    6 month front.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 753
  • 6 month left.jpg
    6 month left.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 706
  • six month right.jpg
    six month right.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 782
  • end oct to end mar.jpg
    end oct to end mar.jpg