• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Maitland Clinic Review of my FUE Hair Transplant

Desmond

Desmond

I am writing this review 2 weeks after having FUE transplant with Doctor Ball at the Maitland Clinic.

My experience matches some of the other reviews on here in so far as it was fault-less up to this point. The professionalism, enthusiasm and just the general level of care have been outstanding.

My process was that i met the patient advisor, David, in February 2020 and we went through a range of options available to me decided that FUE was the way ahead and then my procedure was planned for May. Due to Covid, this was then pushed back to September.

The day before the procedure, I met Dr Ball at the Portsmouth clinic to design the new hairline and talk about how the day would be. Dr Ball was fantastically re-assuring and really put a focus on the long term appearance of my hair - rather than a quick fix that might not look good in 5 or 10 years time. This was perfect for me as i didn’t want to try and lower my hairline at all - just fill in the areas that were thinning on top.

The day of the operation itself started early and took all day and the team at The Maitland Clinic did everything they could to ensure that the day was as comfortable and painless as they could.

The team are keen to stress that it will be many months before your are able to see the full results but, after 2 weeks, my hair has grown back enough that you really cannot tell that i have had anything done - it just looks like a short haircut.

I suspect that most people reading this review will be doing so because they are worried about their hair loss and thinking about doing something about it. To you, i would simply say - just give the Maitland Clinic a call and book a consultation. They will not push you into something that is not right for you and they will look after you with care, professionalism and skill and you will not regret it.

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Hi Desmond. It’s good you had a positive experience with Dr Ball. How many grafts did you have? Do you have any pictures to accompany your write up?

Desmond

Desmond

Hi Duffman. I have requested the information and pictures from the clinic. Once i receive them i will add them here.
Thanks.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
Good to hear you are happy with how your hair transplant surgery went. I`m sure you`ll be pleased with the end result too.
I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.
All the best.
Bm.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Welcome to the forum and sharing with us your positive experience with the Maitland Clinic wishing you great recovery and growth
looking forward to seeing your pictures .

Bongo

Bongo

I am writing this review 2 weeks after having FUE transplant with Doctor Ball at the Maitland Clinic.

My experience matches some of the other reviews on here in so far as it was fault-less up to this point. The professionalism, enthusiasm and just the general level of care have been outstanding.

My process was that i met the patient advisor, David, in February 2020 and we went through a range of options available to me decided that FUE was the way ahead and then my procedure was planned for May. Due to Covid, this was then pushed back to September.

The day before the procedure, I met Dr Ball at the Portsmouth clinic to design the new hairline and talk about how the day would be. Dr Ball was fantastically re-assuring and really put a focus on the long term appearance of my hair - rather than a quick fix that might not look good in 5 or 10 years time. This was perfect for me as i didn’t want to try and lower my hairline at all - just fill in the areas that were thinning on top.

The day of the operation itself started early and took all day and the team at The Maitland Clinic did everything they could to ensure that the day was as comfortable and painless as they could.

The team are keen to stress that it will be many months before your are able to see the full results but, after 2 weeks, my hair has grown back enough that you really cannot tell that i have had anything done - it just looks like a short haircut.

I suspect that most people reading this review will be doing so because they are worried about their hair loss and thinking about doing something about it. To you, i would simply say - just give the Maitland Clinic a call and book a consultation. They will not push you into something that is not right for you and they will look after you with care, professionalism and skill and you will not regret it.
Hi Desmond, I had my third and what will be final FUE with The Maitland clinic on 25/09/20, we must have almost passed each other! Glad to hear you had a similar experience to mine, I will probably follow up my previous thread (which goes back some years now) in early 2021 with some photos and more details of my progress. Hope all grows well and look forward to seeing your progress. Best regards, Bongo.

Desmond

Desmond

Hi Bongo. I read your journey, it`s a great documentation that helped me in my decision making. I`ll wait for your follow up.
I`m attaching some images 2 days post surgery of both the recipient area and the donor areas.
You can see that I also managed to bang my head on day 2 and dislodge a few grafts - this is the cut on the top of my head. Fortunately, it was towards the rear of the recipient area and I probably only lost about 20 grafts max.

The Maitland clinic FUE hair transplant.jpg

The Maitland clinic review.jpg

Dr. Edward Ball FUE hair transplant.jpg

Last edited:
Bongo

Bongo

Hi Desmond, really pleased my journey was helpful to you in your own decision.

I’ve got to say your donor area is super clean, better than mine was even pre first surgery. Looks like you’ve also got plenty in the Bank if you ever need anymore. The outline of the new hairline looks great and typical of Dr Balls work, good coverage/density and will make a huge difference for you once grown in. Sorry to hear about the bump to the head, although I don’t think you or anyone else will ever even notice it.

I woke myself up about 3am a couple of nights ago scratching the front of my head during a really weird dream I was having about a HT....and pretty sure I took a few grafts out right at the front of my hairline, so annoyed but it really was an out of body experience and not much I could do. I had been so careful to protect the grafts up until that point.

Anyway,I wish you good growth and look forward to seeing your updates. Best regards, Bongo

Desmond

Desmond

Thank you Bongo. I`m really happy with how clean everything is looking. I`ll add more pictures soon. Reading people's journeys seems banging heads and scratching is quite common after surgery.
I`m sure your hairline will be fine if a few grafts were lost. You need to prevent yourself from HT dreams.
Good growth to you too.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The work looks nice and clean. Your donor area looks very good, the extraction holes are barely noticeable.
Do you usually heal quickly?
Super high quality pictures too.

Desmond

Desmond

Thank you Bigmac. I do heal quickly but I put this down to the excellent attention to detail The Maitland clinic utilise during and after surgery. My head was sprayed and cleaned throughout the day, then regular use with the aftercare spray has kept my scalp looking pristine.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Welcome to the forum dude....gotta say that work looks exceptionally clean and the donor looks great as BM says....love the hairline shape and I can't wait to follow your progress.

Thanks so much for detailing your experience it means a lot to us on the forums and will help others worried about their own hair loss.

Best wishes BN

Desmond

Desmond

Thank you Bullitnut. I will document my progress as things begin to happen.

bullitnut

bullitnut

No problem dude, I look forward to the updates......how have your family reacted to you having surgery? They will be overjoyed when they see the results and how its improved your confidence come 12 months I'm sure.

Desmond

Desmond

The ones who know are supportive and happy for me. It's something I wanted for myself and they fully understand. Come 12 months I'm sure I'll be happy.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Good stuff, cheers pal... I hope you didnt think I was being nosey when I asked how your family felt about it......a lot of people seem to have surgery without telling many folk (which I understand)....so I'm always interested how peoples families react if they know that's all dude.

Take care buddy

Desmond

Desmond

I never thought you were being nosey Bullitnut, your question was perfectly logical.

Desmond

Desmond

Hi all, the progress has been good so far, I am 2 months post op now.

I would say that all the transplanted hair has now shed and I am starting to see some small shoots in the recipient area coming through.

The donor area is now fully healed, I did have the occasional spot in the donor area during the last month.

I am hopeful that the next 2 months will see more early growth.

The Maitland Clinic review hair transplant.jpgThe Maitland clinic review.jpg2 months post op Dr EdwardBall..jpgThe Maitland Clinic hair transplant post op.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

Everything looks bang on and you look to have healed really well....you`re in the waiting phase now and believe me it sucks but you`re not too far away from the exiting stages....looking forward to the coming updates dude.

Desmond

Desmond

Thank you Bullitnut. Hopefully, the next few months will be the start of things to come.