• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Major US Cable Network Show Wants To Help Victims of Botched Hair Transplants

• Thread starter Patrick TV Producer
  • Start date
P

Patrick TV Producer

Hello! I am a casting producer for a major cable network show all about extreme hair problems, particularly botched hair transplants. We want to help the most deserving cases and have a team of board-certified doctors ready to give potentially life-changing treatment to the right candidates, free of charge. If you think you could benefit from this opportunity, please respond to this post or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Patrick. It would be useful to know who the doctors are that will perform the repair surgery.
Without this information, it`s impossible for any prospective repair patient to research the doctor prior to committing.

P

Patrick TV Producer

Of course! Our doctors are:

Dr. Meena Singh: Board certified dermatologic surgeon, Harvard educated and fellow of the International Society for Hair Restoration under world-renowned surgeon Dr. Marc Avram.

Dr. Angie Phipps: hair restoration physician for Bosley Medical Group, also fellow of the International Society for Hair Restoration.

Dr. Isha Lopez from the American Board of Dermatology.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that Patrick. It will give anyone interested the opportunity to do their due diligence before agreeing.

T

Teh Daddeh

Valued member
"extreme hair problems, particularly botched hair transplants"

You should contact that famous bolywood actor Sajid Hasan. That was an extreme botched transplant. Poor chap. He posted the, frankly, frightening result on fb. I'd be surprised if he was still getting acting work.

M

mania

Yes it's sound very cool ! the cable network would help the victim of hair transplant ..

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
I have to comment and say that anyone that is considering this for themselves should research each doctor as if they were paying for the procedure out of their own pocket and do not let the promise of a free hair transplant repair entice you into a decision you would not normally make. Also, for clarity's sake, there is no such thing as a board certified hair transplant surgeon.

R

reddwarf

Says board certified Dermatologic surgeon, not board certified hair transplant surgeon. Might have been corrected?

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
No, you're correct, but the opening statement in the initial post did not distinguish this.

We want to help the most deserving cases and have a team of board-certified doctors ready to give potentially life-changing treatment to the right candidates

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of repairs aren`t straight forward. They can take a lot of skill and experience to correct which is why choosing a doctor should not be taken lightly as Joe rightly points out. If you have limited donor you need to use it wisely.

I

ImJustAGuy

A lot of repairs aren`t straight forward. They can take a lot of skill and experience to correct which is why choosing a doctor should not be taken lightly as Joe rightly points out. If you have limited donor you need to use it wisely.
While you are correct, people like myself who saved up for years to get a transplant and had it botched are in a tough spot.
Surgeons are willing to help to an extent, from all my experiences it’s going to cost 15000- 20000 to have my transplant from an ISHRS member reversed and added to.
I have to comment and say that anyone that is considering this for themselves should research each doctor as if they were paying for the procedure out of their own pocket and do not let the promise of a free hair transplant repair entice you into a decision you would not normally make. Also, for clarity's sake, there is no such thing as a board certified hair transplant surgeon.
isn’t the ISHRS basically a board anyways?

Anywho. I’d have to assume if it’s a nationally televised show they arnt just going to grab any ol person off the street.
Also what these three ladies have agreed to do is far more than any other surgeon has offered me to date. They all say the same I will help you and I wish there is more I could do but your looking at xxxxxx amount of money to fix it.

for someone like me who spent thousands on a botched transplant , I can’t afford to have a corrective surgery done in the price range of $15,000- $20,000.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
No, the ISHRS isn't even close to being a board. It is an educational society, full stop.

Actually, this show was not looking for qualified repair surgeons first. They were looking for a racially diverse group of female doctors first, for the promotional aspect, with the qualifications of just being a hair transplant surgeon being secondary.

I fully understand your predicament, but I stand by my statement. Don't apply for a free procedure unless the doctor you get is someone you'd consider if you were paying. If you don't use that logic, it may work out for you the way you want it, but if it doesn't then you're even closer to follicle bankruptcy.

Techno1

Techno1

I think you need to see some examples of previous repair work from the 3 doctors.