• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Med Sheds & Other Questions

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I've been on meds for seven months and I *think* part of my crown might be going through a shed. When on meds is there a certain time frame at which you would no longer go through a shed induced by the medication?

Also, I know everyone says you need to wait at least a year to see if they're working for you, but at what point would the re-growth end? Meaning, does your hair continue to thicken and possibly grow new hair up through year two? Anyone know anything about this?

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
NG,

Good question. I've seen documented case after case at another clinic who did a very good study on the effects of Propecia and Rogaine. There were markedly positive effects (new growth) for up to 2 years on some patients. After the two years, the meds continued holding on to native hairs as well as the added growth in the first two years but could no longer see any more improvements. Of course if the meds can hold or slow the progression of loss is also a positive effect but this is more difficult to tell if meds are the reason or due to your own genetics.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Thanks Janna,
that's good news. So, if one could continue to get new growth through year two, then it's possible to get sheds (from the meds) through two years (?)...I would assume.

A

Ammycin

Lot of things I can try to prevent hair loss. I have took Generic bystolic for depressions. It also improves blood flow. It may give result for hair growing.