• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Megasession FUE/FIT (3781 grafts ) w/ Dr Mwamba ( My WHTC)

D

drmwamba

Valued member
Megasession implies a graft count from 2000 to 4500 grafts .Above 4500 grafts ,we should talk about gigasession as this type of work is not done routinely in many clinics .

I will present you this 50 yo patient ,classified as a NW 2V , who was bothered by his bald vertex . He had fine brown , fine hairs .We also recommend him to refine his hair line and lateral humps to reach a whole harmony .The journey took 4 days and I will briefly describe our protocol.

We usually start by pre-op pictures and discussion according to patient's goals .

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27

AFTER PICTURES ,WE JUMP IN THE PAINFULL MOMENT .WE NEED TO SHAVE IT ALL IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE SUCH AMOUNT OF GRAFTS .WE DO NOT SHAVE SYSTEMATICALLY .WE USUALLY LISTEN OUR PATIENT'S DESIRES AND TRY TO FOLLOW THEM (THAT'S WHY WE DO HAVE THE FIT PATCHY SHAVEN AND THE UNSHAVEN FIT THAT WE PERFORMED ON OTHERS PATIENTS ).

At this stage ,we will start our drawings in the recipient area and donor area to determine the surface to treat ,to assess natural angulation of the hairs ,donor density and recipient density with a proscope .We like to be very systematic and leave small room to random approach .The only area I do not follow a systematic pattern is when I make incision sites for the hair line .I usually follow my immediate inspiration .The hair line I build Monday will not be the same as the one I will do on Tuesday .

The following pictures will also show the recipient area and donor area the first day ,second day ( I didn't put the 3rd and fourth day ).I wanted to underline in these pictures how we move from area to area ,respecting the logic of nerves supply to allow a comfortable anesthesia and also our willing to work simultaneously in both donor and recipient area.this allow to minimize the time out of the body of our grafts .That'why you will see placing in one side and donor open sites in the opposite side .

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27

POST OP PICTURE SUMMARIZING THE ENTIRE WORK DONE BY THE WHTC TEAM UNDER DR MWAMBA CLOSE SUPERVISION

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27

WE USUALLY DO THE PATIENT'S SHAMPOO EVERY DAY DURING THE SURGERY AND IF STILL IN TOWN , THE FIRST DAY POST -OP .WE USUALLY TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEUW THE POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS AND ENCOURAGE HIM FOR HIS YEARLY JOURNEY UNTIL FULL GROWTH .

RESULTS AFTER ONE YEAR

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27

FOR THE SAKE OF BETTER ASSESSMENT OF DETAILS OF SUCH WORK ,WE USUALLY DO BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES THAT WE SHOW TO OUR PATIENTS AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WITH THEIR PERMISSION .(aND WE ARE THANKING THEM AS THOSE PICTURES HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE TO MAKE RIGHT DECISION AND ENCOURAGE THEM ;EVENTHOUGH WE ARE CONSCIOUS RESULTS MAY VARY FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER ONE ,MANY FACTORS BEING INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS ) .

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27

By mywhtc at 2010-02-27