• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Minoxidil! ?

K

k-dog

Im 39 and had a FUT transplant in 2011 and have never used any meds for my hair. Like many i rushed into having a procedure done with no little research and not that happy with the outcome. So i was wondering if i should maybe start taking Minoxidil to see if it improved my existing hair and encourage new growthWould people recommend this product for hair regrowth? Many thanks

T

thincity

Valued member
Hi K-dog, I'm certainly no expert, but I do believe Rogaine Foam is beneficial, especially if you have existing hair that you wish to thicken and keep. If you are talking about oral Minoxidil I have no knowledge of it's effectiveness. Many years ago I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me instead of the other high blood pressure medicine I was taking, and she refused saying there were too many bad side effects. If you post some pictures, other members here may be able to give you better advice on medical treatment based on your current loss.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
K-dog,
Minoxidil alone isn't as effective as taking it with Propecia. For those worried about side effects of Finasteride, many people are reporting good transformation with topical finasteride.

Hi Thincity! Hope you are doing well!!

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
I have been in the field for about 15 years now.
The trend is 100% towards topicals and other non oral solutions such as prp and prf.

Combine all of the above and you have one hell of a working cocktail against hair loss.

T

thincity

Valued member
Hi Janna, doing very good thank you! I got lazy and stopped using Rogaine Foam and lost a lot of ground. I restarted diligently just over three months ago and hoping to recover. I am still planning on FUE in the near future, but would like to see if I can regain some loss medically first. K-dog one thing I forgot to mention, if you decide to use Rogaine/Foam, you must be consistent with it's use. You can look at some of my other posts what happened when I did not.

K

k-dog

Hi K-dog, I'm certainly no expert, but I do believe Rogaine Foam is beneficial, especially if you have existing hair that you wish to thicken and keep. If you are talking about oral Minoxidil I have no knowledge of it's effectiveness. Many years ago I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me instead of the other high blood pressure medicine I was taking, and she refused saying there were too many bad side effects. If you post some pictures, other members here may be able to give you better advice on medical treatment based on your current loss.
Hi Janna, doing very good thank you! I got lazy and stopped using Rogaine Foam and lost a lot of ground. I restarted diligently just over three months ago and hoping to recover. I am still planning on FUE in the near future, but would like to see if I can regain some loss medically first. K-dog one thing I forgot to mention, if you decide to use Rogaine/Foam, you must be consistent with it's use. You can look at some of my other posts what happened when I did not.
Many thanks for the information. Im new to all these types of products so don't know much about them. Your reply is much appreciated.

K

k-dog

Thanks for letting me know about being consistent with its use.

K

k-dog

K-dog,
Minoxidil alone isn't as effective as taking it with Propecia. For those worried about side effects of Finasteride, many people are reporting good transformation with topical finasteride.

Hi Thincity! Hope you are doing well!!
Hi Janna, Thanks for your information regarding Minoxidil and topical finasteride. Im new to all these types of medications so don't know really what to do. I did have a FUT procedure in 2011 that was ok but i was not very happy with the results; but like most people i did not do any to little research and just went for the price as i was panicking and just went for the first one i looked at on the internet. I am thinking of booking a consultation with the Maitland clinic to get some sound adive on potentially having a FUE procedure + look at ATP scar (Advanced Tricho Pigmentation) procedure for my liner scar from the FUT procedure. I have heard very good reviews about your clinic and feel a visit would be best. Look foraward to your reply.