• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

my 1,200 graft HT

more

more

Valued member
well i finally did it. i'll be updating as i progress. seeing patients on this forum made me feel optimistic so i thought it would only be fair to share my experience too.

i'm only 26 but have noticed a loss in hair for the past 3 years so i decided to be proactive. i'm also thinking about starting Propecia to prevent further loss.

Pre op

Day 1

Day 2

more

more

Valued member
have you seen the hair club commercials? he's the DR on tv. i didn't even realize untill i had already booked my apt. he's done over 14,000 HT's

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
That means if he`s been doing them for 20 years, he`s done 700 per year, that seems like an awful lot.

more

more

Valued member
he says over 25years experience, but i agree that's still allot of procedures. either way i was his only patient on that day.

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Good growing to you. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

I would definitely get on propecia/proscar if I were you as it is often particularly effective on diffuse thinners like you.

more

more

Valued member
Stingray76 wrote:
Good growing to you. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

I would definitely get on propecia/proscar if I were you as it is often particularly effective on diffuse thinners like you.
so the generic med name for propecia is called proscar?

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Proscar and Propecia tablets both contain the active ingredient finasteride.

I believe that Proscar is normally prescribed to patients with prostate problems. I and many others take it for hairloss as each pill contains 5mg of finasteride whereas each pill of propecia contains 1mg of finasteride. This means that I can cut up the proscar into 5 pieces (I actually cut it up into 4) and take one a day. This is a lot more cost effective then taking propecia.

I would recommend talking to a doctor about it though. Your HT doctor should be able to advise you.

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Yes, but no active ingredients.

Please, bear in mind that I am not a doctor and this is just as I understand it. Your doctor will be better able to advise you than I.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
All the active ingredients are the same, I've been on Proscar for about 10 years, and I havent lost any hair since then.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi More,thanks for sharing your HT experience with us.

Sounds like you had a good experience,as the others have said you should give Proscar/Propecia a try.Did your doctor advise you to try the meds.

Be great to follow your progress.

Thanks bm.

more

more

Valued member
here's my situation Bigmac, my doc wants me to start propecia which is too expensive IMO $250 for 3 month supply.
i'm looking for a alternative. i checked out emedoutlet but i'm scared about getting sugar pills or worse.
also do they check for a Rx from the dr.?
i'm just new to this whole mail order med thing.
thanks for the helpZ:B