• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Female hair line receding at 26 years of age!!

H

Helen of Troy

valued member
I`m a 26 year old woman with a normal sized forehead, not a high forehead. The hairs along my hairline are very fine, some I can only see using my magnifying mirror. The area is not bald, just full of these fine hairs which I cover by brushing my hair forward to create a fringe. Are these hairs destined to fall out creating a totally bald area?

I`m considering using Minoxidil to see if that helps but from what I see most women tend to have a hair transplant. What would be my best options/approach to fix this?

I`d really like to hear from other women who`ve gone through this process

Thank you all.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Helen, welcome to the forum.

It does sound as though you have miniaturised hair which usually means it will die off. Options are to try meds to see if you can strengthen and possibly regrow some hair, other option is to have a HT. Its hard to give an accurate opinion without seeing pictures but judging by your description it sounds like what I`ve said above.

Here is a topic by Dr Wesley on Meds which should be useful.

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=6154&forum_id=5

Good luck.

Bm.

DHI

DHI

Valued member
Hello Helen, it does sound as though your hair line is receding. If possible you should email some pictures to several clinics for their diagnosis, you could also try for some in house consultations. The medications such as Rogaine are worth considering to treat your hair loss.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
The few non-surgical options for women are: Low level laser, rogaine foam, & prp.

Surgery is of course an option but you should try out the medical therapies first.

Unfortunately, women don't tend to participate on the forums for very long after their surgeries so it's likely that you won't have women reply to your questions.

It would be good if you can post your pictures of the hairline.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi welcome to the forum, is it mainly the front of the hairline or the temples too? i only ask as theres a condition called traction alopecia that mainly affects women as some ladies can tie their hair up in tight pony tails or braids which can cause loss around the front.....i know you have a fringe now to cover it but have you in the past tied your hair back really tightly? probably a long shot but worth mentioning.

H

Helen of Troy

valued member
Thank you all for replying. Apologies for my late reply, family life took over. I`ve purchased Rogaine which I`ll try for 6 months then assess if I feel its working.

I`m interested in the PRP therapy which needs more research on my behalf. Some of the examples posted are promising.

Happy festive season to all.

H

Helen of Troy

valued member
Hey everyone. Wanted to do an update on my situation. I've had 4 Platelet Rich Plasma sessions, the first of which was February, the next 3 were at 2 month intervals. I've been advised that I'll need top ups at 6-9 month intervals from my last session.
My reaction to the treatments has been fabulous. If I maintain my hair at this level I'll be happy. Any women with thinning hair should give this treatment some serious thought.
Thank you everyone for all your help.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to hear you've had a positive response to PRP. How much of an improvement in terms of density do you think it's achieved?

S

suzanahentin

It does sound as though you have miniaturised hair which usually means it will die off. Options are to try meds to see if you can strengthen and possibly regrow some hair, other option is to have a HT. Its hard to give an accurate opinion without seeing pictures but judging by your description it sounds like what its stated

J

Jennah

I also cannot judge without photographs, but from your description your think hair will possibly die off. Do you have family history of balding ?
If so I think you will need hair transplant in the future.
because as far as I know PRP or Minoxidil results is not long lasting
good luck :)

Beau Medina

Beau Medina

From my personal experience, I would recommend you to try natural methods for hair growth and if it does not go well you can go for a Hair Transplant Procedure. PRP can also help, it is not for everyone but it has proved to be beneficial for many. You can try as there are no side effects.

Helen of Troy wrote:
I`m a 26 year old woman with a normal sized forehead, not a high forehead. The hairs along my hairline are very fine, some I can only see using my magnifying mirror. The area is not bald, just full of these fine hairs which I cover by brushing my hair forward to create a fringe. Are these hairs destined to fall out creating a totally bald area?

I`m considering using Minoxidil to see if that helps but from what I see most women tend to have a hair transplant. What would be my best options/approach to fix this?

I`d really like to hear from other women who`ve gone through this process

Thank you all.
Every human being is subject in 'lifetime to a normal recycling of the hair,which usually it regenerates twenty times, then you can say that the hair loss can be a normal occurrence, that follows the natural cycle of growth, loss and hair regrowth. You can try quite a bit of behavior before you opt for natural products.In Arganrain product you can examine the issue in this regard. Good luck;)