• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My FUE Hair Transplant in Hungary

M

Marvel28

Valued member
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd share my hair transplant journey here with everyone. First of all, I am 24 years of age. I have been receding at the temples since I was about 16/17. My hair loss and my appearance has been bothering me since I was 16 and I have been bullied as a result of my hair loss. My confidence has been extremely low as a result.
When I was 20 I started taking Proscar (Finasteride). The Finasteride has definitely improved the conditioning of my hair and stopped my hair loss further. I have experienced zero side effects as a result of taking the Finasteride. However, I wanted to restore my hairline to the way it used to be, so I knew a hair transplant was the only option. After reading some brilliant reviews and seeing the forum created on here by Supersmooth about his hair transplant experience, I decided to book it with Hair Palace in Hungary.
On 2nd and 3rd of January 2018, I attended Hairpalace in Budapest and had a total of 5500 hairs implanted onto zone 1 (frontal hairline). It has been exactly 2 months since my hair transplant. When I arrived at the clinic on the morning of my surgery, I was greeted by my coordinator (who spoke perfect English), and we discussed the day ahead, I signed some forms, and I picked what lunch I wanted to be served later in the day. Before the surgery started, I had to take some tablets, 1 being a Xanax tablet which helps relax you if you are nervous. I was then greeted by my Doctor, Dr. Koreny Dóra. I must say Dr. Koreny Dóra and her team were brilliant. She was very nice and was always chatting with me throughout the surgery. She definitely made me feel at ease. She also spoke perfect English.

The morning of the surgery involved me laying face down whilst they harvest the hairs from the back of the head, then the afternoon involved placing the harvested hairs into the hairline. If i was to rate the pain level throughout the whole thing, I would give it a 2/10. I literally experienced very little pain or discomfort. The injections to numb your head sting a tiny bit at first, but you get used to them. This whole process was then repeated on day 2.
I am going to share some photos from 1 month before my surgery, from directly before my surgery, from directly after my surgery, 3 weeks after my surgery and now 2 months after my surgery. I will also share photo updates every 2 weeks.
Proceeding with this hair transplant has been the best decision I have ever made, and hopefully by sharing my experience, it will help others make the decision too.
I would appreciate any thoughts or comments or advice that may be helpful.
Thanks everyone ;)

M

Marvel28

Valued member
These photos were taken 1 month before my hair transplant. You can clearly see the receding hairline. I was always able to cover it well by wearing by hair down over my forehead.
Also, please note that I do naturally have a high forehead.

Attachments

• 1 month beforehand.png.jpg
    1 month beforehand.png.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,164
M

Marvel28

Valued member
These photos were taken directly before my hair transplant. Note my hairline and hair loss aren't very visible as it is covered by my hair.

Attachments

• directly before.png.jpg
    directly before.png.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,175
M

Marvel28

Valued member
This photo is the best one to see the condition of my hair before the transplant.

Attachments

• collage.png.jpg
    collage.png.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,086
M

Marvel28

Valued member
My head had to be shaved for the FUE procedure. These pictures are taken directly beforehand.

Attachments

• shaved one.png.jpg
    shaved one.png.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,138
M

Marvel28

Valued member
These photos are taken directly after the second day of my hair transplant. 5500 hairs transplanted and I finally have a hairline (albeit bloody) ;)

Attachments

• post 1.png.jpg
    post 1.png.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,126
M

Marvel28

Valued member
also taken directly after my hair transplant. The shape of the hairline at the temples can be clearly seen.

Attachments

• post 2.png.jpg
    post 2.png.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,137
M

Marvel28

Valued member
These photos were taken 3 weeks post op. No shedding had occurred at this stage. I felt so confident at this stage because I had a hairline for the first time since I was 16 ;)

Attachments

• sideview.png.jpg
    sideview.png.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,053
M

Marvel28

Valued member
View of hairline - 3 weeks post op.

Attachments

• front view.png.jpg
    front view.png.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,115
M

Marvel28

Valued member
2 months post op (today).

Attachments

• 2 months.png.jpg
    2 months.png.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,090
M

Marvel28

Valued member
2 months post op (today).
So today is my 2 month mark. I will be providing frequent updates so you can all track my progress. I hope my progress and my hair loss journey will encourage others to go ahead and do it. There is no need to suffer anymore with hair loss and baldness.
Any comments, feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am also happy to answer any queries or questions.
Thank you ;)

Attachments

• 22.png.jpg
    22.png.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,115
G

grooster

A great account of your story so far. Keep up the good work, your a month ahead of me, so it will be great to see how you progress and give me a little hope on my journey.

M

Marvel28

Valued member
Hey everyone. Currently 11 weeks post operation. I am approaching my 3rd month post-op and time is absolutely flying. From week 4 until week 9, my hair looked like absolute crap, probably worse than it did before the surgery. However, each day as my hair grows its slowly looking somewhat normal again. When I look in the mirror, I can see some hair growth in the newly implanted areas, although very minimal and thin. There seems to be more hair-growth on my right hand side, than the left-side, however I am hoping the real growth will kick-start over the next month or so.
Check out my 11 week post-op pics and feel free to leave any thoughts or comments ;)

Attachments

• collage.jpg
    collage.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,046
M

Marvel28

Valued member
some more week 11 pics.

Attachments

• collage 100.jpg
    collage 100.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,013
M

Marvel28

Valued member
townie100 wrote:
Hey everyone. Currently 11 weeks post operation. I am approaching my 3rd month post-op and time is absolutely flying. From week 4 until week 9, my hair looked like absolute crap, probably worse than it did before the surgery. However, each day as my hair grows its slowly looking somewhat normal again. When I look in the mirror, I can see some hair growth in the newly implanted areas, although very minimal and thin. There seems to be more hair-growth on my right hand side, than the left-side, however I am hoping the real growth will kick-start over the next month or so.
Check out my 11 week post-op pics and feel free to leave any thoughts or comments;)
Sorry guys, first photos i posted weren't great quality - these ones should look better

Attachments

• collage 100000.jpg
    collage 100000.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,010
M

Marvel28

Valued member
Photos I took today after styling my hair. 11 and a half weeks post op. The outline of the new hairline is starting to be seen and finally some length is coming back to my hair. Exciting times ahead (I hope) ;)

Attachments

• collage888.jpg
    collage888.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 939
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend
Thanks for documenting your HT Journey everything looks great and that amount of grafts should give you a nice result , I like how you kept the hairline brilliant call , wishing you great growth keep positive always

Daz

M

Marvel28

Valued member
Dazzster26 wrote:
Hi Friend
Thanks for documenting your HT Journey everything looks great and that amount of grafts should give you a nice result , I like how you kept the hairline brilliant call , wishing you great growth keep positive always

Daz
Thanks for your feedback Daz, I appreciate it :)
I do have some regrets at this stage that I didn't slightly lower my hairline. However, if i did opt to have my hairline lowered, it probably would have looked very obvious and the result wouldn't look natural. I naturally have a high forehead, so by lowering my hairline further it probably would have gone against nature.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

I lowered my hairline 1cm on the 3rd HT and nobody noticed it at all , I guess everyone just got used to seeing me with a hat then I had a HT and then nobody really said much , you made the best call leaving it as it is for now , your going to be a happy guy when this starts growing in all the best

Daz