• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Journey is about to begin! Dr Gur @ Fuecapilar

K

Kentred

Hi all,

Long time lurker of the forum and now I find myself with one week to go before the big day!

I’ve chosen Dr Gur at Fuecapilar and feel confident that I’ve made a good choice.

I’ve attached some pics to show the current situation and will continue to document progress throughout my journey.

Any advice or tips prior to me leaving next Monday would be warmly welcomed.

Here goes…. :)

B7AE5F33-1492-474F-B090-A9B2F5458BF9.jpeg
94C161C3-3235-409D-BBF7-1B6999DDD627.jpeg
E26EE2A8-7725-4F35-AC82-B8A4EA0BF6EC.jpeg
577A4C61-0EB4-40BD-9659-8881E6AEC346.jpeg

D

djkillab

Valued member
Good luck! I'm looking at Dr Gur or Dr Turan for my next surgery. Were u offered either surgeon? If so, any reason u went for Gur?
My hair loss is similar to yours but at an earlier stage so will be very interested to follow your journey

K

Kentred

Thanks dude. I went for Dr Gur purely on the research I did on here and other platforms. I just felt that I preferred the methods and the more natural hairline.

They’ve estimated that I’ll need 3000-3500 FUs.

Fuecapilar have been very good so far with communication and the arrangements so I’m happy with the choice so far but I’ll keep posting throughout.

I

Im new here

from the posts I have seen in him he seems good. You should have a good result hopefully.

For 3000-3500 I take it you are just having the front third done and not the crown this time?

D

djkillab

Valued member
Thanks dude. I went for Dr Gur purely on the research I did on here and other platforms. I just felt that I preferred the methods and the more natural hairline.

They’ve estimated that I’ll need 3000-3500 FUs.

Fuecapilar have been very good so far with communication and the arrangements so I’m happy with the choice so far but I’ll keep posting throughout.
Sounds good.
Where are you flying from and how long are you staying there for?
Is it a case where they organise everything except flights?

K

Kentred

from the posts I have seen in him he seems good. You should have a good result hopefully.

For 3000-3500 I take it you are just having the front third done and not the crown this time?
That’s right, he said he’ll evaluate the crown at the time and do what he can depending on the donor area. TBH, the crown looks far worse than it actually is in that picture which was taken direct beneath a spot light. But there is a chance I may need a second procedure down the line.

K

Kentred

Sounds good.
Where are you flying from and how long are you staying there for?
Is it a case where they organise everything except flights?
Flying from Stansted on Monday, the op is on Tuesday and I fly back Wednesday. I kinda regret not taking an extra couple of days now but at least I’ll be at home seeking sympathy from the missus!

That’s right, it was £2650 and they arrange the transfers, hotel and everything else I’ll need. I just booked the flight and gave them the details. The flight was £200 with Pegasus.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kentred. Welcome to the forum. 3500 grafts should give you a decent result for the frontal third/half. You still have the middle bridge of hair that helps. Are you on a hair loss prevention regimen?
The flight is not too long from Turkey. You’ll be fine flying back the day after.
Wishing you all the best for Tuesday. Safe travels.

K

Kentred

Thanks bigmac.

No, I’m not taking anything at the moment but have been recommended Finasteride however, I’m concerned about the side effects (as is the missus!)

Any advice on medication would be greatly received…..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is that I’ve been on Finasteride since 2005 with no issues (well slight man boobs that is just a little extra fatty tissue) It has preserved my hair and definitely prevented the loss continuing at the rate it was.

K

Kentred

Cheers fellas!

So, the surgery went went well. I was met at the hotel at 10.15 by my translator, who was really pleasant and helpful throughout the day.

The offices and practice is very nice and impeccably clean. After the initial consultation Dr Gur said that my mid range was not as bad as the initial photos appeared and he would be able to concentrate my on the frontal third and crown. I had 2500 in the front and 1015 at the vortex and crown. I ended up with a ratio of 2.29.

He put me at an easy by saying that he believed my hair loss had stabilised and I had an ideal donor area which was pleasing.

After the bloods and head shaving, the procedure started around 11.45.

The injections were painful (for me at least) I’d give them around a 7/10 on the pain scale but it was the volume of them, I must of had what felt like 30-40!

I would say the procedure was more uncomfortable than I thought it would be although they did say that as my blood pressure was raised (139/94) the circulation caused the anaesthesia to be wear out a bit quicker and not be quite as effective as they would’ve liked. I did have to have a few top up injections throughout.

The final implants were completed around 18.30. Overall, despite the above, it wasn’t too bad on reflection and I’m so glad I’ve done it now. Just the long wait ahead!!

I couldn’t sleep last night as I’m not a back sleeper and as my head was propped up for several hours during the day, I just couldn’t get comfy with the neck pillow. I’m flying home later today after my after care visit and head wash so I’ll wait to catch some Zzz’s at home.

Dr Gur was very friendly, polite and knowledgeable. I feel like it was a good decision and based off the experience yesterday I would recommend him, although of course, the real recommendation will come within the next 12 months or so.

I’ve put some photos up, and comments welcomed. I’ll continue to post progress pics through the coming months.

079D93E2-15C5-4B0F-8CC5-0B88D04D1DAF.png
B0933A25-655C-4D0E-9CE2-3D5BD45577C7.jpeg
41322114-0E8B-4FF2-B30E-F410DBCF73B5.jpeg
43038AA0-AC36-4253-8309-4E27F6B8289E.jpeg
9F766CFD-288B-4613-9455-4036CDE70221.png
08BFB381-C0A6-457A-BC3D-DD074A80DBEA.jpeg

K

Kentred

Day 8 update:

During todays wash, most of the scabs came off and I can see the new hairs which is very reassuring. The donor area seems to be healing well although over the last couple of days it has become really sensitive and is giving me a pressure style headache which is easily sorted by taking some paracetamol.

I’ve attached some pics and any comments/advice is welcome!

559FE696-8235-4EA3-A2F4-390025AFB9AA.jpeg
587A9A59-20F1-42AE-8CAD-8A3B366828D3.jpeg
57F3BD86-D01A-4D59-8FC2-DC21ED26EA14.jpeg
10B880AD-831B-47E7-9994-214CFA9659F5.jpeg
BD5935E9-F4CD-4A8E-9D78-185263EFA072.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The work and placement looks good. Those 3500 grafts should make a significant change to your appearance. At day 8 your healing looks good. What’s it looking like now?

K

Kentred

Week 16 update:

I thought I’d post an update now I’m approaching the 4 month post op mark. I started to see some growth from week 12 is but over the last couple of weeks I’m almost seeing daily improvements which I’m happy with so far.

Any thoughts or advice welcome…..

IMG_1463.jpeg
IMG_1456.jpeg
IMG_1460.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg

T

Taggy01

Hi Kentred - this is a really great case study. Thanks for sharing your journey.

I am also considering Gur / Turan. Is it possible to advise if you are still satisfied with the progress. Your transplant seems to be doing very well at 4 months from what I’ve seen!

K

Kentred

Hi Kentred - this is a really great case study. Thanks for sharing your journey.

I am also considering Gur / Turan. Is it possible to advise if you are still satisfied with the progress. Your transplant seems to be doing very well at 4 months from what I’ve seen!

K

Kentred

Hi Taggy, thank you.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use Dr Gur, it was a professional and personal service, even on the standard package. I’m now at 21 weeks and I’m delighted with the results to date, and it’s getting better all the time.

Pics of progress now attached

IMG_1688.jpeg
IMG_1679.jpeg
cameraRollTempImage.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
What a nice difference it has made already. You can style your hair now and have a new hairline. I’d be happy with your progress as this stage.

S

SimBa

Hi Kentred

Looks like you've enjoyed a strong result, good for you bud. How are you getting on now as you must be at the 10 + month mark, right ?

Sb