• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Surgery with Dr Ron Shapiro

H

hairtech

Hi all,
I had about 2,000 grafts placed by Dr. Ron Shapiro. I had the strip/FUT method and the grafts were mostly used along my frontal hairline, with some being reserved to cover a scar within my hairline above my ear. I'm was nervous as hell, but also very assured that I've chosen the best doctor and the best clinic for my needs. He has multiple hairline examples that are exactly what I'm looking for, so he's a great match for me IMO.

I'll keep you all posted during my recovery. I can tell you that so far, everyone at the clinic has been amazingly nice. They are definitely very customer focused. Janna, Matt, Dr. Ron and the rest of them are top-notch in my book. I'm looking forward to being another one of their success stories. Here are my surgery pictures.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting your experience 2000 grafts will give you a very nice result IMO , SMG are awesome and their results are beautiful and consistent , wishing you great recovery and great growth

Take care I care

Dazz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing your story here, the works looks good, this should produce a very nice hairline.

I`ll look forward to following your progress.

All the best,

Bm.

H

hairtech

Thanks for the comments guys,
Night one went pretty well. I felt just a bit loopy, but came back to the hotel and ate some dinner then camped out in front of the tv. I'm staying at a nearby Embassy Suites, and I ended up sleeping on the couch-- wanted to stay on my back instead of sleeping on my side and rolling over on my grafts. Since I'm a side sleeper, the couch forced me to stay on my back.

Pain-wise, there has been very little. They gave me Vicodin, and because I was sleeping on my back and therefore on my incision, I woke up in the middle of the night and took a Vicodin because the back of my head was sore. Other than that, everything has been easy.

I just got back from visiting the clinic and Janna washed my hair and took some pictures. She is going to post some here for me when she gets some time later today. I can't stress enough how easy this process has been for me-- easy physically and because the staff there is so nice, it has been easy emotionally. This place really is the world-class clinic that I'd previously read about and they are all exceedingly kind and patient-oriented.

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
All the best Mike and agree they are a great team with Dr.Ron, Janna and Matt, very affable people.

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
welcome to the forums, heal well and heres to great growth, im amazed how clean everything looks at 1 day post op, it looks like you buzzed your front hairline instead of having surgery.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Welcome to the forum Mike....you chose wisely going to SMG, they are amongst the very best in the business dude....that hairline looks perfect, i can't wait to follow your progress too. Thank you so much for sharing with us on here.
I agree with you about the staff making you feel at ease emotionally, i found this too and they bend over backwards to help you feel comfortable which is brilliant.
Rest up and heal well pal;)

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
That work looks great Mike.

Good luck and happy growing!

H

hairtech

Thank you all for the kind comments, I'm extremely happy with how the whole procedure went.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
SADbutTRUE wrote:
welcome to the forums, heal well and heres to great growth, im amazed how clean everything looks at 1 day post op, it looks like you buzzed your front hairline instead of having surgery.
We've been really impressed with our post op spray, Liposomal ATP. So much of the redness is diminished by 1 day post op. ;)
Thanks Mike for documenting your progress. We wish you speedy recovery and great growth!!!!

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
janna since smg has been using liposomal atp,has there been any other benefits of using this spray post op? such as less shockloss of non transplanted hair , faster regrowth of transplanted hair? wouldn't it be great if a product came along that prevented transplanted hairs to get shocked, so hairs would grow day 1,

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
janna wrote:
We've been really impressed with our post op spray, Liposomal ATP. So much of the redness is diminished by 1 day post op. ;)
This is amazing and the lack of redness will make it so much easier for patients to disguise having work done.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Sad,
We haven't had the feedback of faster growth or that the ATP spray is able to prevent shedding of the transplanted hairs. Apparently, there is talk of such solution and I've been playing phone tag with the company who manufactured it. It certainly would be great to have a solution that retains the transplanted hairs. Will keep you updated as we are able to test it.
We use the ATP spray as we plant during surgery so that healing can start right away. It really has made a tremendous difference in diminishing the redness in the recipient area.

S

steve_39uk

Valued member
Wow looks great,, I was under the impression that you had to have your hair shaved off?
This has put me off a HT somewhat as people would obviously see id had it done.

H

hairtech

Hi Steve,
There are quite a few clinics who don't require shaving, I think Smg is 2000, maybe 2500 grafts before they shave. For hairline work like mine it's not required.