• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Natural Hairlines

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A Natural-looking hairline can be influenced by many factors such as age, ethnicity, face/head shape and hair type. A hairline should be synonymous with a person's face. Proportions and aesthetic design will depend on the skill of the person performing the surgery.

See below images

Westminster Clinic

Westminster Clinic

Nice photo's Bigmac!

A soft natural hairline is the most defining feature of a good hair transplant.

Correct hair direction is essential when restoring a hairline, as the hairs point forward anteriorly towards the forehead, and must slowly transition directionally around the temporal corner's, to eventually point more downwards towards the ear's.

When recreating a natural hairline, micro irregularity across the entire transitional zone is essential. Small triangular irregularities intermittently spaced across the hairline closely mimic how these hairs would ordinarily grow in small clusters. Using finer incision tools and selecting finer calibre hairs is highly important when recreating this look. It's certainly an art!

These imperfections certainly lead to a more natural looking hairline!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Westminster Clinic wrote:
When recreating a natural hairline, micro irregularity across the entire transitional zone is essential. Small triangular irregularities intermittently spaced across the hairline closely mimic how these hairs would ordinarily grow in small clusters. Using finer incision tools and selecting finer calibre hairs is highly important when recreating this look. It's certainly an art!

These imperfections certainly lead to a more natural looking hairline!
I agree. Nothing gives away a HT more than just a wall of hair for a hairline. On a side note too it doesn't matter how good the rest of the HT is if the hairline's not right then it just won't look aesthetically correct......peoples eyes will always be drawn to the hairline first before any other part of the head.
Good pics BM

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
I have always wanted a solid hairline but my wife has always said NO it will spoil all the good work that has been done it wont look natural , a solid hairline looks like a wig and these are my wife opinions mmmmmm i will go with that,

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
With the influx of doctors/cosmetic clinics adding hair transplants to their portfolio, there is an increasing number of unhappy patients with unnatural hairlines. The hairlines have multiple two and three hair grafts, giving a pluggy appearance.
The sad thing is, a lot of these patients think nothing is wrong because they are uneducated and did no research, usually looking at some celebrity who got a freebie to promote a particular clinic.

K

kaberaglobal247

Interesting thread post. Natural hairline or result is the thing which patient look for. It fully is in the hand of the surgeon. More the doctor is experienced more the result be natural.

E

ethanaidenies

What are some natural ways to lower your hairline?
I have this HUGE forehead and i look so ugly with it. It makes my face look long and skinny! I am not wanting people to look at me or be around me. I really need NATURAL ways to do this. NO makeup NO surgery NO bangs or hairstyles. I want it to be natural!! :(

J

JessicaMaan

A hairline is recommended to natural hair gain back. When natural hair backs then face impression is looking gorgeous.