• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Need help with choosing a doctor in Turkey

cavalera 79

cavalera 79

Hi,
I have been having a headache looking for a doctor to do FUE transplantation in Turkey. There is so much scheme and I don't trust most of the reviews and it seems to be a zoo without a keeper. Now I limited down my choices to some that I would like to share with you and I will also share the most important points that needs to be fulfilled for me to do this decision.

So after research and getting in contact with different doctors, I have some that I may consider but I want to be so sure about my choices:
DR. Serkan Aygin: estimating 4500 grafts for 2200€, 3500 at the front, and 1000 on the crown area. Not so confident about him to be honest!

Transmed, Dr. Melike Kulahci: estimated and recommended not more than 3000-3500 grafts for 2700€, to avoid negative side effects at the donor are, the correspondent was competent and he offered a lot of information and he was not shy to actually also mention other two doctors as the only others to be trusted in Istanbul and recommended me to be careful. Dr. will do the consultation and the hair design and pores but will not place the grafts after the extraction. she specified the technic as FUE motorized micro extractor: 0.6, 0.8mm punch. ( her package is just about the operation and related items like prp, medication, etc. nut no hotel and pickup blabla.
Dr. Melike attended plenty of workshops and was a board member and also representative of the European hair transplant association and the ISHRS.

Smile hair has been a bit persistent and they offered Dr. Mehmet Erdogan and Gökay Bilgin. Opinions about them are quite repulsive.

DR. Bicer, one of the slowest to answer, I'm waiting for her estimation still

Dr. Arslan?

FUEcapilar with doctor Turan or his partner?

Vera Clinic?

Cosmedica, they gave quite cheap price of 2100€ and promise to extract the maximum number of grafts. The correspondent didn't seem to be well concentrating with which client he is talking as he once said that i had fue before which will after the number we could extract, i had FUT and in the second email he said the number of grafts is hard to estimate because i had two hair Ops, so I decided to look for someone that gives me the feeling I'm more than a walking wallet.

Medicalaest: Dr. Adem Turkmen Offered 4000 grafts FUE Saphire technic for 1500€ Christmas special offer, they send me extensive pdf with information and pictures of a fancy hotel and clean clinic but nothing of results, etc.!

DR. Ilker Apaydin: Probably the most expensive till now, offered FUE +FUT combination, 4500 grafts: 2200 front, 1200 middle, 1000 crown, and 1+4 PRP treatments over 4 months: 4500€, although it seems that he has a good reputation, i won't do another FUT again.

DR. Balwi Elithairtransplant: i knew this one only from some german guy who was making videos on Youtube about how his hair was developing after the operation, he went also for a second operation with the same doctor. Apart from that very little about him there.

Dr. Ilhan Serdarogl, seems convenient, he does one operation per day, he said that we will need around 3400 to 3800 and that is the limit also. He was clear that i shouldn't expect a hair of 18 years old, he also mentioned in his mail that DHI is just a marketing gimmick. he went into details about what to expect and whatnot. he said that in each cm there should be 40 -45 grafts for each cm and that the density should be about 50% of native hair after 1 year. His price was 3800€

So you see my dilemma, it seems convenient with some of the offers here but I want to take as less risk as possible. I wanted also to give more information here from my research to help others who will most probably have the same problem of choosing the right clinic. I would appreciate your feedback or experience of any of these doctors?
At other forums, they are not so enthusiastic about Turkey for an Op, which I understand why, so I wanted to get more feedback from here.
Thanks.

2020-12-18 15.34.27.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cavalera 79.
Your hair loss is quite extensive. How much of a hairline do you still have? You don`t mention any hair loss prevention medications. Are you using anything to prevent more loss?

What are you wanting to achieve with a hair transplant?

You are correct with your observations and concerns with fake information. Unfortunately, the amount of social media advertising outlets and review sites do not regulate if they are truthful or not. Therefore it`s hard to make an informed judgement.

Quite a few countries have clinics ranging from bad to very good. Turkey has the highest concentration of clinics all competing for patients. Some will use whatever means at their disposal to gain an edge over their rivals.

Your list contains a few doctors I regularly see at the ISHRS and WFI conferences and recently at FUE Europe. It is good that they are there to learn, share information and hopefully improve.

I think you should try to get your list to 3 clinics you are comfortable with. Then research them more thoroughly, try to speak with patients and take your time. Do not rush.

cavalera 79

cavalera 79

Hi Cavalera 79.
Your hair loss is quite extensive. How much of a hairline do you still have? You don`t mention any hair loss prevention medications. Are you using anything to prevent more loss?

You are correct with your observations and concerns with fake information. Unfortunately, the amount of social media advertising outlets and review sites do not regulate if they are truthful or not. Therefore it`s hard to make an informed judgement.

Quite a few countries have clinics ranging from bad to very good. Turkey has the highest concentration of clinics all competing for patients. Some will use whatever means at their disposal to gain an edge over their rivals.

Your list contains a few doctors I regularly see at the ISHRS and WFI conferences and recently at FUE Europe. It is good that they are there to learn, share information and hopefully improve.

I think you should try to get your list to 3 clinics you are comfortable with. Then research them more thoroughly, try to speak with patients and take your time. Do not rush.
Hi Bigmac,
I used to take propecia but I stopped about 3 years ago because I felt always tired and it was affecting me. A part from that according to my observation, my case is stable, I lost very few hair during the last 2,5 years. Observing also the boldness in our family I actually reached the peak of it some time ago.

Ofcourse I don't want a hair like 18 years old, I'm 41 now. I want to achieve a decent look. I don't mind if the hair is not super thick, but more density would be great.

I tried to go in my list for doctors that may be convinient. I'm not sure about dr. Balwi as I said not much info on the net, even though he has some good results on his website and he is operating by himself as far as I heard.

That Dr. Melike Kulahci doesnt have hotel offer and pickup etc. made me feel convenient about her as a serious doctor, even though she has 2 operations a day probably or 3.

Dr. Ilhan Serdarogl gave also alot of informations and didnt try to make everything rosy in his email, he listed some pros and cons and he operates one pacient per day.

Other options might be DR. Bicer or Fuecapillar.

Medicalaest for instance with dr Turkmen doesn't give me impression that they are serious, I'm not sure about the doctor's competence either.

cavalera 79

cavalera 79

Hi Cavalera 79.

do you have a specific recommendation from those doctors or someone i missed?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer people to make their own decision.
Here are some doctors that I`ve met their patients in person.
Some clinics will use tech teams to do the surgery. The difference in quality may vary.

Dr. Ilhan Serdarogl. I`ve met 2 of his patients whose results were good.
Dr Koray Erdogan. I`ve met about 10 patients whose results were good.
Dr Acar. I`ve met 4 patients whose results were good.
Dr Ozgur, HLC. I've met 3 patients whose results were good.

The above patients are guys I met while attending various conferences.

Clinics I like as above and below

Clinic whose online results and patient storys look good and genuine.

Dr Doganay, AHD
Dr Bicer.
Dr Pekiner
Dr Gokhan Gur

There are quite a few more online results that look good but as you have found out there are numerous clinics in Turkey, too many to research and new ones opening on a regular basis.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s good to hear you think your hair loss has stabilised.
Creating a decent hairline with density behind and possibly some crown coverage donor permitting would be good.

cavalera 79

cavalera 79

It`s good to hear you think your hair loss has stabilised.
Creating a decent hairline with density behind and possibly some crown coverage donor permitting would be good.
Yes I prefered to wait with some observation and without medicaments, I know it could be gambling if someone fills one area and then more hair disappear later on, that is what mostly give this unnatural look that something has been done.

I have now my shortlist of 3

Dr. Ilhan Serdaroglu: 3500 grafts
Dr. Bicer: 3500 grafts
Dr. Melike Kulahci: 3500 grafts

price wise I would go for Dr. Melike, I see her results and knowledge seems to be good as she is often in seminars and workshops. Otherwise Dr. Bicer and Serdaroglu offers almost the same price and same service.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hi mate
As bigmac says ur hairloss is quite aggressive
My opinion I wouldn't even think of a transplant reason being u could look alot worse
What I mean by that is that hair transplants can only give u so much hair,ur transplant will give u a thin stringy appearance and also u will b constantly styling it to give u a thicker appearance
Be very very careful

cavalera 79

cavalera 79

Hi mate
As bigmac says ur hairloss is quite aggressive
My opinion I wouldn't even think of a transplant reason being u could look alot worse
What I mean by that is that hair transplants can only give u so much hair,ur transplant will give u a thin stringy appearance and also u will b constantly styling it to give u a thicker appearance
Be very very careful
You mean I'm better off without a transplant :D

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I just think ur hairloss is too aggressive to get a good result.
I've had 3 hair transplants and all I had was just a receding hairline
And I'm still not happy with it
Just be very careful and make sure u totally understand what kind of result u will get so u wont be disappointed

cavalera 79

cavalera 79

I just think ur hairloss is too aggressive to get a good result.
I've had 3 hair transplants and all I had was just a receding hairline
And I'm still not happy with it
Just be very careful and make sure u totally understand what kind of result u will get so u wont be disappointed
Do you have a pic of your hair?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Yes mate
This is after 3 hair transplants
Total of 3200 grafts
Bad angles
See through appearance

Attachments

• 20200625_133245.jpg
    20200625_133245.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 434