• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Need help

H

Hammerboy

Hi, I’ve been scrolling through these forums for weeks now trying to get some insight in choosing the right clinic to go for my hair transplant. I’ve had a few video calls with clinics in London ( mainly Harley street) and a few from turkey. All given similar opinions on Graft-numbers and price. A bit about myself.

45 years old
Don’t really notice much shedding
Not tried and hair loss products. But can definitely see my hairs getting thinner especially on the crown. Any advice would be appreciated.

174EF009-2BF9-4998-922B-1C6BD2DE135C.png
529E604F-848A-40EA-BEE1-403908381A74.png
6343FC67-366E-4626-ADE1-D773BAC1CDBE.png

FA04FC13-66D4-433D-B26F-1BB5C3DE4FBF.png

Techno1

Techno1

Images are poor quality, any loss of density could be rectified with the use of meds. Try them for 6 - 12 months. What were you advised by the clinics you reached out to?

H

Hammerboy

Hi techno, thanks for your reply. I’ve looked into the medication side and not sure it’s for me as side affects and hair shedding as I don’t really notice any shedding.

The clinics I’ve spoken to, and there are a few who seem to have good reviews on this forum are saying between 2500-3500 grafts witch seemed a lot to me at a cost from £1 a graft ( in Harley street) up ro £4 a Graft.

As I said don’t really want to go down the meds route for something that might not work and could potentially make things worse.

Sorry ifmy photos are dark these are the photos I’m sending to different hlc and all ( apart fro one) have give quotes on these pics but will take clearer photos and post later.

H

Hammerboy

Hi, does this amount of grafts seem a lot for my hair loss.and has anyone got any background on Dr Thomy Kouremada-Zioga.?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your pictures are not adequate to provide an estimate/opinion on how many grafts. I don`t see how a clinic can or would give an estimate if they are the only pictures you`ve sent.
You’ll need to post clear pictures in natural light. From one picture it appears you may have some crown thinning. Meds are what I would try first. Sides are an issue, just like all other meds out there, possible sides are declared. It is a very small percentage of people who get sides.
£1 per graft is cheap. What clinics have you consulted and who quoted this low price?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
From what I can make out on the pictures you look to have a good head of hair.

H

Hammerboy

Hi, thank you Bigmac for you reply. I’ll post some better photos mabey you’ll be able to give me some better advice. If going down the meds route can help I’m going to give it a go. Just showing these photos to creedable clinics ( even ones you’ve mentioned personally) and them tell me 2k grafts is needed to give me more density
And fill hair line.
Harley street Healy care clinic told me 3k grafts for 3 grand then emailed me saying had a cancellation can known a grand off.

H

Hammerboy

From what I can make out on the pictures you look to have a good head of hair.
Hi kevboy, I’ll post better pictures. I do have lost of hair but definitely got s lot of scalp exposure and thinning lots on the crown.

H

Hammerboy

Who quoted £1?
Harley street health care clinic. Had a video call ( and sent pics) said I need 3k grafts for £3000 then emailed me saying had a cancellation can knock 1k off if I take that date.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Who would do the surgery?
I think you should slow down, do more research, don’t rush into a surgery.

H

Hammerboy

Who would do the surgery?
I think you should slow down, do more research, don’t rush into a surgery.
Hi Bigmac, I’m definitely not rushing into anything. I’ve been researching clinics and talking too for the past six months and will continue to do so until I’m 100% sure. This forum has been a real eye opener and a great help it’s nice to see a forum where people actually see to care and see you come out with the best outcome.I have a video consultation tomorrow with Seneca medical tomorrow who I’ve briefly spoke to and so far seem very positive.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have it in writing who the doctor is that will perform your surgery. Then you can research that particular person. Ask how much of the surgery they are involved with. Be 100% sure before going ahead.
I`d still like to see some clear pictures of your hair.

H

Hammerboy

Hi, I’ve decided to wait a while to go down the hair transplant route and try finasteride. As someone who don’t really notice any shedding is it possible I could start experiencing large amounts of hair loss? And what mg would you advise to start on? And do most people take daily or like I see on here every other day. I’ve found them on an online pharmacy and they come in 1 mg tabs and what seem a reasonable price.

2B683825-8F76-4982-8274-76131AEF3789.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Dr Fox pharmacy is way cheaper than Superdrug.

MedicationQuantityCost
Finasteride 1mg (generic)28 tablets£12.20
Finasteride 1mg (generic)56 tablets£21.50
Finasteride 1mg (generic)84 tablets£31.20
Finasteride 1mg (generic)168 tablets£58.80

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Most people start out on 1mg per day which is the recommended dosage. Some people that are concerned about sides may start on 0.5 mg per day or 1mg every other day. The decision is yours.
I have been on 1mg per day since 2005.

H

Hammerboy

Hi all, I’ve finally decided to start taking finaestride. I’ve been taking I tablet every other day with no side affects. My question is am I getting the full benefit taking every other day?

H

Hammerboy

Hi all, I’ve finally decided to start taking finaestride. I’ve been taking I tablet every other day with no side affects. My question is am I getting the full benefit taking every other day?
Any advise from the experts??