• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

NeoGraft Peer Review at Orlando Live Surgery ISHRS WorkShop

N

neograft

Valued member
From April 7-10 The NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplant System was on Display at the Orlando Live Surgery Workshop sponsored by the ISHRS.

There was about 100 Doctors there to witness a Live Surgery using the NeoGraft.

The NeoGraft did not disappoint.

Dr. Alan Bauman and Hair Transplant Technician Al-Tariq Harris (from Anagen Staffing) combined to harvest 355 Grafts with only 2 hairs transected.

The NeoGraft even harvested a 5 Hair FU using a 1mm punch.

Normally this would have been a great procedure but; add a packed operating room, TV Camera €™s and 100 sets of eyes and it was a great performance of what can be done with the NeoGraft.

Doctors were there to witness all aspects of the procedure including what the grafts looked like after being harvested, the popular consensus of those who witnessed the procedure was that the grafts were perfect and there were no ill effects from the NeoGraft.

The buzz of the conference was that, doctors who normally would not consider performing FUE are now seeing that it is a part of the hair transplant process and must be offered to round out the Hair Transplant services which they provide or risk losing ground to more full service Hair Transplant providers.

Be if for standard FUE Hair Transplants or specialty procedures like Eye Lash Transplants, Eye Brow Transplants or Body Hair Transplants.

A healthy and profitable Hair Transplant Center is good for all, especially the patients.

From the amount of interest in FUE this past year, I am sure that you will start to see some very familiar people start to announce that they are now offering FUE using the NeoGraft.

The NeoGraft is already used by well respected Hair Transplant Physicians and Top Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists from around the country.

The attached web link shows some great slow motion footage of the NeoGraft Harvesting grafts; you can see the amount of Revolutions as well as the extraction €¦ €¦Enjoy the latest video.

http://app.talkfusion.com/fusion2/view.asp?NTQwMTU4_2835785

Best Regards,

Doug Monty

I represent NeoGraft

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the information on this.

What i would like to see are grown out patient results and pictures of the donor areas,imm post op etc.

Also,from the knowledge i have on fue i would be interested to know how the Neograft machine gets minimum transections as it uses air suction to remove them.This will dry the graft out a little,although not for long but could this potentially damage the graft.The grafts are very delicate via fue as they haven`t much protective tissue surrounding them,therefor when they are sucked up the extraction tube and punch will they not get damaged when they bang against the sides.

I know there is a continuous flow of saline solution to aid them but imo thats like being in a water park tube slide and you feel every bump and bang on the way down.

I look forward to hearing how the Neograft compensates for the above mentioned and seeing patient results and most importantly patient feedback if possible.

Thanks bm.

N

neograft

Valued member
Mr. Mac,

As you can see in the video we use a depth limiter this is used once we find the ideal depth for harvesting.

Also in the video you can see the actual rotation, it does not take that many rotations to get the graft out. Also we are using a blunt punch.

The travel path for the graft once harvested goes through about 4 inches of tubing before it is collected in a canister.

Air flow is only flowing when the device is harvesting.

We will be setting up a Live Surgery Work shop in England over the summer.

Once people see a procedure live, they typically have an AH-HA moment an can put everything together.

Best Regards,

Doug Monty

I work for NeoGraft

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Which doctors were present at the demonstration?

N

neograft

Valued member
http://www.livesurgeryworkshop.org/faculty.htm

Above are some of the public names who attended. Not all on the list showed. There was about 100 - some new doctors just getting into the field and some veterans and in-between

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How long has the Neograft machine been available,also will you provide patient results and the pictures i requested.

Thanks bm.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
with no pictures to show, the Neograft isnt going to be winning any fans here, why even come on here and tell us about it?

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
The fact that they didnt comeback with pics speaks volumes to me.

D

desirehair

Valued member
Big Mac,

I am affiliated with NeoGraft and would like to respond to some of your comments.

When NeoGraft first came to the United States about 18 months ago several doctors immediately wrote negatively about NeoGraft with authority without ever having seen NeoGraft do a procedure!! In other words they were bashing NeoGraft without evidence and this is not very scientific. They did not understand how NeoGraft was engineered and had never seen grafts harvested by NeoGraft nor seen the outcome of any procedures. Their negative comments have now become myths that are circulating on several blogs and is why members of NeoGraft respond to these blogs - to undo the false information that has been passed around about NeoGraft. False information does an injustice to patients who are looking for information to guide them in making intelligent choices. We believe that FUE is the most beneficial procedure for most patients and we try to present facts to support our belief. And with NeoGraft more patients are candidates for an FUE procedure. Patients need information that is based on facts and not on speculation in order to make their choices.

One of the myths that was written about NeoGraft and which seems to have been picked up by you is: "This will dry the graft out a little,although not for long but could this potentially damage the graft." It is false that grafts are dried with a NeoGraft procedure. For the last 18 months NeoGraft has been conducting live hair transplant demonstrations with doctors in attendance who watch the procedure. We do about 4-5 demonstrations a month so quite a lot of doctors have seen a NeoGraft procedure. We are very transparent and make sure doctors see everything NeoGraft does and we answer all questions. This past April NeoGraft performed a live procedure at the Live Surgery Workshop in Orlando, in front of over 100 doctors, many of them ISHRS members. They can attest, as can all the doctors who have seen the follicles harvested by NeoGraft in our monthly demonstrations that these follicles are robust, plump and not dried out. At the show in Orlando doctors examined the follicles under the microscope and could not find fault with the follicles. They were excellent follicles. Furthermore, our transection rate was under 1%. This as you know is very low, compared to some other devices at the show that transected at a much higher rate than NeoGraft. I think it is time to put this myth to rest.

Your next question: "The grafts are very delicate via fue as they haven`t much protective tissue surrounding them,therefor when they are sucked up the extraction tube and punch will they not get damaged when they bang against the sides." You also state: "I know there is a continuous flow of saline solution the aid them but thats like being in a water part tube slide and you feel every bump and bang on the way down. " First I will discuss the protective tissue. This is another myth created by doctors who do STRIP. An FUE doctor can control how much protective tissue he gets by changing the size of the punch. For more protective tissue he can use a bigger size punch. Many doctors use a 1mm size punch and this gives sufficient protective tissue. Perhaps if a doctor uses a 7.5 mm punch he will get less tissue, but even these grafts have been shown to survive. The problem with such a small punch is not the protective tissue, since these grafts grow well also, the main problem is the transection rate with such a small punch.

Furthermore, when doctors who do STRIP technique cut the follicles from the excized scalp, they are all different sizes and not uniform. Many of these follicles do not have any more protective tissue than the NeoGraft follicles, some even less and if these follicles survive, then so will the NeoGraft follicles. One of the benefits of NeoGraft follicles is that they are all the same size and they fit into the slit perfectly. With follicles from a STRIP procedure they are all different sizes and many need to be pushed into the slits with tweezers, exposing them to damage. Others are smaller than the slits and do not fit tightly. They also often pop out or get buried, which are complications with STRIP, whereas with NeoGraft they are gently popped in with negative pressure. Yet no one mentions this on the forums. Furthermore, follicles harvested with NeoGraft are gently suctioned out after the scalp is scored, whereas follicles harvested manually during an FUE procedure are pulled out with tweezers and often need to be pulled and yanked out, exposing them to damage, yet no one writes about this. Follicles harvested with NeoGraft are not exposed to as much potential for damagefrom the harvesting and implanting process.

It seems you have also picked up the myth that the follicles are getting "banged"in the tube and therefore damaged. Again these ideas were put forth by the initial doctors who bashed NeoGraft without ever having seen a NeoGraft procedure. They were speculating about what it is like for grafts to slide through the tubing. How can they know all this about the grafts as they go through the tube? The only way to know if the grafts are damaged is to see the grafts after they come out. (There is no continuous flow of solution, but intermittent flow controlled by the doc). The best people to speak to then are all the doctors who have watched the live demonstrations and seen the excellent follicles harvested by NeoGraft, including examing them under the microscope. NeoGraft does live demonstrations all over the U.S. We invite the doctors from the area and patients are also from the area. These doctors can then follow the patients progress to see the outcome of the hair transplant. We know of no other doctor or group who is so open about the techniques we use and who expose the whole procedure of the transplant so openly. Every doctor is welcome to attend. Doctors can find out when we are coming to their area by calling NeoGraft or contacting us through our website.

I hope I have cleared up some misinformation about NeoGraft. My belief is that doctors who do the STRIP technique felt anxious by the arrival of the NeoGraft because the idea of change is not comfortable for them and that is why they wrote negatively about NeoGraft. But you cannot stop technology. Doctors who do laparoscopy surgery had a similar experience when they began doing laparoscopy procedures. Doctors were very critical and bashed the procedure but the procedure has prevailed and is beneficial on many levels. We believe that all hair restoration doctors need to make themsleves proficient in FUE hair transplants and provide these to patients who are candidates for this procedure as there are many benefits to FUE transplants which you can read about on our neograft website.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
bla bla bla, make with the pictures like you were asked to.

Also do you really think the majority of people are going to choose to pay the ridiculous prices for this procedure with Alan Bauman, or go to a GOOD doc and have a good fue procedure with a much better result for a much better price?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I wonder if they are going to be promoting useless lasers next?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply and sharing your thoughts on the Neograft. There are some prominent doctors names in FUE who have been performing this procedure for several years or more,maybe you could take the Neograft machine to these doctors clinics and perform FUE. We can then get feedback from them.

By now there should be 100`s if not 1000`s of patients who have had a procedure with the Neograft machine. Can you direct at least 5/10 patients to this forum to share their experience with documented pictures.

Thanks bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Also,

Suction,by definition is a force, an energy,to make something move, to make the "object" move it must display enough force to counter the weight of the "object". This will have the effect of changing the structure of the "object" in this case the FUE graft/skin tissue.The tissue will alter its structure, the cells distort due to the force of the suction on them,as the cells are distorted they will strecth back and forth against the normal cultutre they live in creating if you like, "micro bruising" or simply they are then damaged,living cells do not like having such force applied at this level as they are so delicate.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
yeah so it after it cuts the flesh around the graft in an fue fashion, the suction then rips it from its base and up the tube, you couldnt pay me enough to undergo this.

D

desirehair

Valued member
Sparky,

I am affiliated with NeoGraft.

I want to respond to your comment: "with no pictures to show, the Neograft isnt going to be winning any fans here, why even come on here and tell us about it?"

NeoGraft did not come to your forum to promote, or convince anyone about the merits of NeoGraft. We came to your forum because we felt it necessary to undo some of the false statements that have been made about the NeoGraft device from doctors that had never seen the device in operation. We did not want your readers to be misled by this false information and therefore miss the opportunity to have an FUE procedure with NeoGraft, the most beneficial kind of hair transplant for patients. We do not feel it necessary to send pictures to your forum since our company does not do the transplants, we only provide doctors with the NeoGraft machine. Every doctor who uses our NeoGraft device can send in pictures if he or she chooses to. We have noticed that many forums such as yours accuse patients who write in of being false patients. One can do the same with pictures, by claiming that they have been altered. That is why we are doing weekly real live transplant procedures in different States in front of real doctors who can then follow up on the patients to see the excellent results of a NeoGraft FUE transplant. We are working on a new web site and pictures will be available on that web site. Some pictures are available on our neografters.ning.com site. Check out Dr. Ken Williams from Orange County, California on the neografters site. He is a doctor that uses the NeoGraft device for his patients FUE hair transplants, and he had his own hair transplant done with NeoGraft about 7-8 months ago. His before and after pictures are on that site and on other sites as well.

Desire Hair

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
If you feel no need to post pictures, we feel no need to believe that neograft is any good, after all it it used by the notorious tv butcher doc Alan Bauman. I have seen results from the neograft and they dont come close to what the top docs on here can do with strip or fue. The next advancement in Hair Transplant technology is cloning, there is nothing wrong with standard non motorised fue, therefore no reason to try to better it, which the neograft doesnt do anyway.

Until I see actual photographic evidence that the neograft is any good, if anyone asks me about it, i'll advise them to steer well clear.