• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Nervous about first months

G

Gannon

Going into Day 17 tomorrow and there is no sign of any shedding yet. Is it pretty much guaranteed it will happen? And if so, do they all shed or maybe some will stay?

J

JesterRIP

Going into Day 17 tomorrow and there is no sign of any shedding yet. Is it pretty much guaranteed it will happen? And if so, do they all shed or maybe some will stay?

Mine was about the 4 week point I could see my old hairline clearly thro what was left.

I actually felt quite positive about that as apparently it means the grafts have got a decent supply and are making progress by shedding ready for regrowth?

I had mine done 7th Aug and for the last week or do at least, have noticed new hairs pushing through. Not a huge amount, just a few here and there.

I've just posted a before / after shot on this thread:

HGC Romford 3000 grafts, Post 9

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Just relax. They will shed when ready or continue to grow.
If they stay at a short length, stop growing, they could be stalled hairs. Nothing to worry about if they are.

G

Gannon

Thank you both for your replies. It is reassuring to read these comments. I remember before my transplant reading stories about guys having really nervous months after their transplant and thinking “nah that won’t be me, I’ll be chilled”… and I’ve been anything but haha

I think maybe some have shed and some are growing. I’m not sure. To be completely honest I only look at it once a day (in the morning while I’m getting showered) then for the rest of the day I wear a hat so that I don’t have to think about it or fixate over it.

Here you can see where we are on Day 21

Attachments

• E3485965-0E2C-4110-BB2B-B90E8D5E5F45.jpeg
    E3485965-0E2C-4110-BB2B-B90E8D5E5F45.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 22
J

JesterRIP

I know what you mean. I have been mega chilled to date, but part of me has still been thinking in the back of my mind, "has it worked?" and "what if this, what if that?"

I also empathise with the crown situation too - and ironically they say that could take up to 18 months to see the final results... Long time to wait!

G

Gannon

Yeah to be honest I’ve recently decided to just simply stop looking at my hair everyday I hate the look of it that much. I know the results will come eventually so if I just check in maybe once a month and have a look, I can cope with that. I will also be able to measure the difference more easily.

In the meantime, I am still currently wearing a hat on a permanent basis. Even when I’m alone, because even catching a glimpse of myself in a reflection depresses me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you can avoid looking in the mirror daily, then good for you as it’s hard not to. The post op healing is still a little red in your recipient area but nothing to worry about.

Take it easy.