• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

New DNA test can reveal whether or not you are going to respond to certain known and less know molecules

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
DNA testing may be a serious game changer treating AA.

Many of hair loss sufferers are using a variety or products. From food supplements to oral or topical medication to dermaroller and laser.

However, since virtually everybody’s DNA is different and you hair rejuvenation efforts may work, or they might not.

A fairly new DNA kit has been developed that analyses 48 genetic variations in 13 genes.

The outcome gives the dr. a highly detailed look into the possibility of providing only ingredients that the patients hair will respond to. Since DNA is unchanged over a lifetime, it will be you hair passport forever.

A personalized treatment is presented out of 175 million possible therapeutic options.

The goal is to treat and stabilize/reverse hair loss with an individually prepared treatment that only contain elements that are known to work via DNA testing.

Another advantage is to rule out the trail and error period. In fact without a DNA test no person, no dr. can 100% predict if standard treatment like minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride etc actually work.

Since it often takes 1-2 years before the patient noticed that he is continuing the shedding, a lot of time and hair is lost for good.

The test could not be simpler. You can pass via our institute or the kit can be shipped. Taking a cheek swap is easy, then post the sample to the lab. It takes 4-6 weeks before both patient and dr. are notified about the results.

Case study

This is a 25 year old man that has been on finasteride, minoxidil and has had several PRP treatment.

Unfortunately there was a continuing progression of the hair loss, despite using the most straightforward options.

In the picture underneath (just a part of the complete patient case) you can see clearly that according to DNA testing Finasteride and Dutasteride do absolutely nothing for him. Even Minoxidil is only moderately effective.

However, his options are estradiol, selenium and latanoprost.

Very surprising, but this is really not our first case we have seen in our limited study so far.

We will continue to be having DNA studies and are going to present more data and conclusions later this year during the official hair loss conferences for hair restoration surgeons.

If you want more information, you can PM me or email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• 2020-12-24.png
    2020-12-24.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Schermafdruk 2020-12-04 19.26.06.png
    Schermafdruk 2020-12-04 19.26.06.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 131
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That looks promising.
I`ll look forward to seeing your presentation at the next set of conferences. We can have a discussion about it.
Thanks for sharing.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Sure, no problem.

I bet this might be one of the most interesting topics at the hair surgeons conferences in 2021.
Just as I knew FUE was going to cause a strong evolution in hair transplantation treatment back in 2003, I can now see how DNA testing will change the odds of keeping ones hair healthy.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully this DNA testing is a breakthrough.
I remember chatting with you and Sabine at the Amsterdam conference about FUE and how you were saying in a few years it will be massive and sure enough it was.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Hi Bigmac,
Indeed, that seems a long time ago we met in Amsterdam and a some time ago at the FUE Europe meeting for FUE experts.

DNA testing will become a standard routine in a couple of years.
As with everything you have the early adaptors and Prohairclinic has been known to be one of the clinics that focuses on what the patients need and want.

More info on the developers: Fagron

The company that has created the test is in fact a daughter company of Omega Pharma. Omega Pharma was a Belgian-based pharmaceutical company which was acquired in 2014 by Perrigo Company plc,

More information about Trichotest Fagron

Need more info, contact me via PM or via [email protected]

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the additional info. Hopefully the DNA test wil be a success and further preventative options become available.