• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

New regulations when travelling to the US

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a little info and some links for anyone wishing to travel to the US.

ABOUT TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION
A Travel Authorization can only be applied for by a citizen of a Visa Waiver country. Any other visitor must still apply for a B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa in advance. A Travel Authorization permits the U.S. visitor to travel to the United States by air or sea. The authorization is only related to "permission to travel to the United States". An approved Travel Authorization does not guarantee admission to the United States, but without it you may be denied boarding, encounter delays at the border and even deportation if you are not allowed to enter.

Applying for a Travel Authorization with false information can make you permanently ineligible to visit the United States.

You do not need to have an airline or hotel reservation to apply for a Travel Authorization. If you are planning a trip to the United States, it is recommended to apply for your Travel Authorization today. An approved Travel Authorization is not a visa and it does not guarantee entry to the United States. Note that if you travel to the United States but are denied entry, you will never be able to enter the United States on the Visa Waiver Program again.

Who needs to apply for a Travel Authorization?
  • Any traveler that intends to visit the United States under the Visa Waiver Program [/*]
  • Any traveler transiting through the United States under the Visa Waiver Program [/*]
  • Any traveler also includes children and infants [/*]
  • If you are denied a Travel Authorization, the visa application process can take several weeks or months [/*]
Travelers transiting through the United States must also possess an approved Travel Authorization after January 12, 2009
The Travel Authorization Application Guide explains how you, the Visa Waiver Traveler, can apply for your own Travel Authorization and update it for future visits to the United States. This is a new process as of August 1, 2008 and it is easy to make mistakes. The application guide includes detailed instructions and a work sheet for how to complete your own Travel Authorization application. For those that are not approved, instructions for how to apply for a US visitor visa (B-1 / B-2) are included.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Thanks for that Bigmac I'd heard that there was a new system but didn't know what it was.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea you have to do an online application now,otherwise you wont even leave the UK.

M

myhair

Valued member
do you mean that europeans need an additioanal document on top of the passport? Where do they get that? at the us consulat or embassy?c;;9

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I might be wrong on this and if i am then im very sorry..... but i think that as well as doing this online you may still have to fill out the green visa waiver form too.
The reason im saying this is that when i was stood in line at customs at minnesota the guy infront of me told the customs officer he had applied online to which the officer replied you still need to fill out the waiver form. So unless this was just because it was before the 12th i dont know, what we need is for someone who goes to the us after the 12th to clear this up as it seems silly having to do both

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Yes i still had to fill in the green waiver form that was on the 24th jan 09

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
bullitnut / north country boy,

Where did you get the green waiver form from? Is this the one they used to give you to fill out on the plane?

baldspot

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi baldspot, you get given the green waiver form when you check in at the uk airport, keep it with your passport, NCB

bullitnut

bullitnut

hi baldspot your correct it is the form you used to get on the plane. My experience was different to ncb as i got mine on the plane so im guessing it depends on the airline and airport, i flew with north west airlines. Either way bud whether you get it at the uk airport like ncb or on the plane like me i wouldnt panick dude as if you mess up or dont get one they had plenty on the back wall in customs at minessota good luck bro

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure when you apply for your application it is on one of the links i have added in the first post as there are sites who will charge you to process this free of charge service.

Also when you apply and receive your reference number make sure you click next after the reference number is displayed.

bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

hey guys i have a question for the uk patients who have travelled to the states in the last year.

I have completed the new online application and it says that it was successful ¬b`, but on the final page of the form it has an option to print*nl.....iv'e looked at all the help files and it doesn't state that i have to print this approval form so i was wandering if any of you guys did this? ;)

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No you don`t need to print it out as its all logged on the US computers. You still have to fill in the immigation forms on the plane (take a pen) and go through the usual customs procedure.

Good to hear you are allowed in and not on their most wanted list,unless its a trap.;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Pleased its helped you Mars,i heard that the US will be adding a charge for this service in the not to distant future.