• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

New study states taking Finasteride or Dutasteride can increase risk of developing Diabetes for some

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
The press have been saying that a new study has revealed a link between using Fin/Dut and Diabetes. Apparently the study was published in the New England Medical Journal.

I imagine if they dug hard enough they could find a link to lots of different medical problems with a huge variety of medications out there but for some reason Finasteride seems to get singled out a lot. Well I for one wont be stopping it as I haven't had significant sides in the ten years plus I've been on it and dont have Diabetes either as I have just been checked out for it with my mid life MOT check.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
yep, it's also really bad to drink red wine and also really good to drink red wine, personally, I've had no sides from fin, and have no family history of Diabetes, sounds like a load of crap. Just google almost any tiny problem and the result will be you have six months to live

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
I would argue that most people that have diabetes probably have never even heared of Finasteride.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Fair points....I get where your coming from too... just wish these scientists would leave medications lime Fin that work the hell alone and concentrate on inventing treatments that help the sick and dying.

Sorry to sound so crude but surely money could be better spent imo.