• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

nizoral post op

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Most clinic's recommendation for going back to any type of shampoos and hair products are 10 days post op but you may want to contact your clinic to be sure.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Sorry to highjack your thread but I think your questions been answered. Seen as we are on the subject of nizoral, how often do people on here use it? and what is the maximum number of times in a week you can use it? as i read that if you over use it, it can actually cause hairloss, correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks

Shang

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
I used Nizoral twice a week and i was of the opinion it made my hair shed more so i cut it down to once a week and now i very rarely use it.

As for it causing hairloss,there are no studies that i am aware of to clarify this.It may well cause hairloss in certain individuals just like Minoxidil and Propecia seemingly do.However all these products may just be accelerating the lifespan of your follicles which are already on there way out due to MPB,so speeding up your natural balding pattern.

Cheers bm.

T.C

T.C

BM are you referring to 2 % niz?. I use the 1% thats called nizorelle 2/3 times a week and it does give the hair good body,no shedding although i dont leave it on for long as it can dry you out.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Hi T.C.

Its the Nizoral 2% i used not the Nizorelle 1%.

I may give the 1% a try if you think it works well.

Cheers bm.