• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

No regrets option?

D

dstall

Hello forum,

In researching hair transplant, focused on FUE, one area I've struggled to fully understand is the long term scaring.

Essentially, I want to know if I had a transplant and didn't like the results, for whatever reason, and decided just to go back to a shaved head (not razor shaved but about 0.4) ... is it likely I'd have noticeable, if very small, scars in either the donor or recipient areas?

Thanks for any response,
- Dan

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Probably a lot of different answers to your question. Without knowing how your head will heal after a surgery is the main thing. Choosing a good doctor that use a smaller punch will help with scarring in the donor. The more grafts extracted, the more risk of scarring.

Philw

If u have ur heart set on a hair transplant deffo go for fue not strip
If u just want a better hairline maybe concentrate just on the hairline making sure u have a soft mature hairline
If u then over time just want to clipper it short at least u have a better hairline to suit ur face and fue scars will not show but all depends on picking a top surgeon
If ur crown bothers u but u are thinking of shaving down the crown tends to look less thin when cut short
We need pics, what result u want, how bad ur loss is etc

Doron HDC coordinator

Doron HDC coordinator

For Consultation with HDC WhatsApp +972526542654
It depends on many aspects what kind of job the clinic do, if they're able to do professional job with minimum trauma and depends how your skin will react, there's no exact formula for everyone.

M

mania

I think you need to comfortable in you go for hair transplant surgery...

S

Salazar

Essentially, I want to know if I had a transplant and didn't like the results, for whatever reason, and decided just to go back to a shaved head (not razor shaved but about 0.4) ... is it likely I'd have noticeable, if very small, scars in either the donor or recipient areas?
I'm in the same boat. I've been unhappy with my hair loss for a very long time, and I would like to get surgery, but I just can't shake the fear that the resultant scarring -- and the need to conceal it -- will, in the end, cause me more heartache than the hair loss itself. I've spoken to various clinics about it, and received different answers, but the fact is that, barring a crystal ball, nobody can predict how visible the scarring might be. A good surgeon minimizes the risk, but ultimately they're are no guarantees.

Last edited: