• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Norwood 6

M

marc31

What are the realistic chances of a full decent looking head of hair again if Im a NW6?!

I dont want to spend thousands on treatment, just to look like I'm thinning anyway (if you understand me)

There doesnt seem to be too many success stories from NW6's which gives me cause for concern. I do remember Londonlad from the old forum who had fantastic results but thats just one example.

Any advice?c;;9

E

El Nino

Valued member
Hi marc31,

I think your hair characteristics will play a vital role in the outcome and LondonLad's are amazing along with his donor density and laxity. And I think he was a NW 5.

You won't be able to get the appearance of a full head of hair because there simply won't be enough donor hair. You possibly could achieve quite a full look if you went for a mature hairline (NW 3).

But everyone is different and no two people are the same. You should send your pics to the docs who are capable of doing megasessions and know that you will be looking at doing atleast two sessions. This is if they think you are a HT candidate.

You could also post your pics on here to get some opinions about your situation and hair characteristics.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great advice given by El Nino.

If you could post some pictures with maybe your donor area grown out a little so we can see what it looks like.

Bm.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
The density is not the always the primary factor, the diameter of the hair shaft and the number of hairs per follicular also unit play an important role. Hair colour also can be an important factor. The angle in which the grafts are placed, the size of the patients head can't be underestimated. So, in short loads of things to consider. Obviously a combination of surgery Strip and FUE could be advantageous to maximise donor areas.

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Bigmac, as soon as back in the UK I will post some photos..2 months post my last op so still waiting for the growth there but am already getting some stubble coming through which is a good sign. I will do them as soon as I can with good documentation. Thanks for your patience. Stephen L.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Steve.

The picture request was for Marc but i want to see your updates also.:)

Have a safe trip back.

bm.