• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Nose job

M

mania

I now most of the people are going for nose surgery and most of them are very successful surgery.

R

repairmybadangles

I think its pretty comparable to hair transplants, or any other cosmetic surgery. Nothing wrong with getting it done, just be sure its not an impulsive decision, and make sure its something you seriously truly want and if your current nose has been bothering you for a long time.

Also with HT's, I'm sure doctor selection is key. Plenty of botched nose jobs out there just like with HT's.

I'm no expert in nose jobs but botched nose jobs are probably much harder or even impossible to hide compared to botched hair transplants. Not sure how you can conceal or style your nose to hide a bad surgery.

Last edited:
S

SimBa

I think its pretty comparable to hair transplants, or any other cosmetic surgery.
I'm not sure this is true of hair transplants. cosmetic surgery usually involves altering the appearence that a 'patient' has whereas a HT is usually about replacing what a patient used to have, namely hair that is no longer growing. This stated, a face lift is an attempt to reverse sagging face to a former taught appearance which is similar to a HT so may be it is all on the same spectrum.

Jury is out on this for me currently.

R

repairmybadangles

True, that is a good point. There are definitely exceptions, but in general hair transplants are about restoring hair to its previous self.

Whereas nose jobs, boob jobs, other plastic surgery can be more about implementing a look that the patient never had in the 1st place.

S

SimBa

Whereas nose jobs, boob jobs, other plastic surgery can be more about implementing a look that the patient never had in the 1st place.
Yes, true of these operations but what about face lifts, eye bags, wrinkles etc which can all happen to someone's appearance, similar to HT ?

I'm not trying to be a smart arse, as this seems an important point and one I'm still pondering about.

I wonder if this is taking the 'benefits' of our appearance too far as most of these operations require a general anaesthetic which while I know these are generally safe to do they're still taxing on the body. Plus, I wonder about the psychology of taking what could be perceived as a drastic step. The person taking this step has a belief of what the operation will do for them, which there's a very high chance it won't make the difference the person believes it will. Plus, of of course, they cost significant money.

Last edited:
Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
They are elective surgery that carry some risks, no one is forced to have them. Hair transplants are often advertised as lasting a lifetime which is not guaranteed. Like all the procedures mentioned, people often return for another one because aging continues. Nose jobs could be a one and done surgery for life.

S

SimBa

Nose jobs could be a one and done surgery for life.
True but there is a difference with a nose job and some other procedures in that nose jobs alter someone's appearance whereas HT's, face lifts and their like attempt to restore someones previous appearance. They're similar but there's a subtle difference with some surgery's it seems to me.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Some people with no hair loss opt for surgery to correct high hairlines, hide scars, birthmarks, wrong shape hairlines. Percentage wise it is the minority.

S

SimBa

Some people with no hair loss opt for surgery to correct high hairlines, hide scars, birthmarks, wrong shape hairlines. Percentage wise it is the minority.
Yes, birthmarks are a tricky one as I suspect most could understand why someone would attempt to diminish these but you do see people who seem to choose to keep them or at least they may have tried but they didn't go. Similar with bad scarring. Hairlines vary a lot so there isn't really a standard hairline apart from what people have in their mind it seems.