• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

NW5a ´s HT journey part 2

N

NW5a

Valued member
Hi,

i had my second session with Dr.Heitmann.

I get 3200 grafts for my crown and midscalp. My plan was a light coverage for the crown and to strength the midscalp. After stopping medics 1,5 years postop ht nr.1 i lost my crown and the midscalp became thinner.

I was very happy, that Dr. Heitmann get 3200 grafts with 6500 hairs out of the strip. I had a good laxity and when i am sitting here and feel donor, i have to say, there is laxity left :)

Donor

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
wow congrats man cant wait to see this grown out dude looks superb ¬b`

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I didn't know that you were lined up for another session. Looks fantastic. That will certainly make one hell of a difference and it looks like you have plenty of donor too. What is the total grafts that you have had in both sessions?

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi NW5a,the work looks nice and clean and should produce a very nice result.

Did you have a ful crown prior to stopping the meds.

Thanks bm.

N

NW5a

Valued member
7 month postop HT#1. I had nearly a full crown ... I was a great responder on Fin.

U can see it on my webblog on htn. After month 8 it went down and at that time i stopped Finasterid.

@NN: Totally 6800 grafts and around 13000 hairs

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
If you were a great responder on meds, why did you stop? Were you having some of the side effects? I was having some sides myself so I limit what I take and I believe that it helps. I now take it 2x/week. I don't believe that I have ever grown hair but I think that it limits the loss.

NN

N

NW5a

Valued member
Thx NN,

i have too many side effects of Fin ... ! All u know, have catched me.

Perhaps i will need one final surgery, but i hope, that this session was the last one. Dr. Heitmann told me, that i will have enough donor, if my sides or crown will go down.

I just want a good illusion. I know that i have fine hairs and only 2hairs per graft.

U

UK Chap

This is a subject little touched upon, getting a "hair transplant" whilst depending on medications and then having to give them up due to complications. This could be a major downfall for any patient who hasn`t sufficient donor hair left.

Thanks for sharing this info. The work performed looks good.

Best regards Chappers.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi NW5a.

Do you have any pictures of your donor closure.

Thanks bm.

N

NW5a

Valued member
Hi,

here is an update of my progress. I think i left the doldrums and now i am on the right way. I am now 14-15 weeks postop and on the following pics u can see the fine hairs coming out. Under different lights and angels u can see a lot of hairs filling the crown nicely :) I am very pleased so far.

I only take Minox and Pantostin 1x time in the evening since 2 years now.

Thx for your comments and happy christmas !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update NW5a,you`re looking like its starting to fill in nicely.You mst be a lucky early grower.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Cheers bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Looking good dude its starting to come together now bro.
Very happy for you!

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
What an exciting time when you start seeing new growth! Good for you.

Happy New Year!

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Slowly but surely it will all take form. Very fun times when you start to notice subtle changes. Thanks for keeping us updated.

NN