• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Paul Rose, MD - 3 1/2 months post-op

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hi Michele,

Thanks for posting an example of Dr. Rose's work. I know from first hand experience Dr. Rose's talents and skills as a ht physician. With these set of pics, it's hard to guage or review the work since it's too early to see any results. It would be beneficial to those looking at Dr. Rose's work to see some intra op or immediate post op pics. Do you have any available on this patient?

Please give my regards to Dr. Rose for me. Thanks. :)

imageinin

imageinin

Valued member
Hi, Janna! Yes, Dr. Rose is very talented. This patient is being featured on MTVs series, True Life, in May. This patient is only 4 months post-op so I will add pictures in the future. It is amazing how you can already see results which is not typical. I will tell Dr. Rose that you said hi!

Michele

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
MTV-True Life -- how cool is that????

Maybe you can keep us posted as to when it's on so we can catch it if you're able to find out. Do you know what the segment is about? Is it about getting a HT or something else and he just happened to have had a ht?

imageinin

imageinin

Valued member
The show will be aired on Cinco de Mayo. It is about a patient receiving a HT with Dr Rose. :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Imageinin

It will be great to see the show and see how this patient is progressing.

In the meantime, do you have any immediate post op pictures of the patient so we can see where the grafts were placed.

Thanks bm.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Wow... being featured on MTV...

I do think its great that some guys are willing to "stick it out there" to promote what the "good side" of the HT industry can achieve...

I for one hid away and did not want my HT to be public knowledge.... sorry to say that does not help with letting people know what can be achieved...

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Imageinin.

Did the patient request the recipient area not to be shaved down as even though there isn`t much hair there,it still helps to conceal the work.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looks great Imagenin, i really like the look of Dr Roses work and it would be mega cool to see the show, although mtv in the UK isnt great so it will probably be aired in ten years time and be renamed (pimp my head) or something silly. I really hope someones posts it on youtube as it would be great to see.
Thanks for posting Imagenin:)

Last edited:
imageinin

imageinin

Valued member
Dr. Rose NEVER has his patients shave their heads. Patients leave the procedure with the same length of hair that they arrived with in the morning. :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
imageinin wrote:
Dr. Rose NEVER has his patients shave their heads. Patients leave the procedure with the same length of hair that they arrived with in the morning. :)
Hi Imageinin

I never knew that Dr Rose never shaves a patient.

Does he trim the hair to a short length in larger cases to open up the field of view.

imageinin

imageinin

Valued member
No,he does not trim the hair. There is no need because he uses high magnification.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Imageinin

It would be great to hear Dr Rose`s opinion on yield,density etc with unshaved patients.

Thanks bm.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi Imageinin..

Being someone who is convinced that shaving down is not essential for a great HT... here is more proof.

Yet another HT surgeon with a great reputation that does not shave his patients...

Regards

Tim

imageinin

imageinin

Valued member
Here is Dr. Rose's response:

Thanks for the question.

To my knowledge there are no peer reviewed studies that show any difference in terms of growth in a patient with a shaved head versus non shaved.

The majority of my patients undergo the procedure without shaving the head. Most of my patients have jobs that prevent them from shaving the hair and so shaving is not something we mandate. If they allow us to do it, I welcome it. My experience has been that we achieve excellent growth and we are able to achieve high densities with or without the hair shaved.

I think that there can be some advantages to having a patient with a shaved head. It can make placing easier and it allows the surgeon to sometimes see the spacing between follicular units a bit better.

I use fairly high magnification to make recipient sites and I take the time to part the hair and optimally visualize the areas for site preparation. I have seen some surgeon who seem to haphazardly make sites and attempt to do it as quickly as possible, sometimes damaging nearby follicles.

The advantage of keeping the hair longer (if that's the way the person wears it) is that the surgeon may be able to get a better sense of the effect of the grafts placed and of course it is more convenient for patients.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Imageinin.

Thanks for posting Dr Rose`s response,its great to hear his opinion.

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Imageinin.

Any news on the date of the show yet so we can pencil it in as i dont want to miss it.

Thanks bm.

imageinin

imageinin

Valued member
The show is scheduled to be aired on May 5th! I will post more information soon! :)