• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pimples 7 weeks post op

H

hair-raiser

Valued member
I've just reached the 7 week 2 day mark and have had 2 painfull bumps appear in the recipient area in the crown.

I've read they are quite common but 1 is quite large and painful so I was wondering how to deal with it? Would using a sterile needle to break the skin surface to relieve pressure be ok?

Would this risk damaging the grafts? In fact can the pimples/bumps damage grafts or reduce growth yield?

Thanks
Hr

Last edited:

Spex

Hi HR, This is nothing to worry about and is common. Its basically an ingrowing hair. The best thing to do is place a hot flannel on the area to help soften the skin up and this will aid the spot to pop which will in turn ease the pain. Its common so try not worry - The graft will be fine - Leave the spot alone though other than that. If it continues to be an issue consult with your Doc.

Last edited:
H

hair-raiser

Valued member
Thanks for your replies guys

I'll consult with Philb if it continues to be a problem at BHR

Cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
They should sort themselves out,if not like you say contact Phil and the doc will sort it.

Heal and grow well.

bm.

A

AboveAverageBob

Starting at 2 weeks I was getting some shallow white heads, Bosley said they were clogged sweat glands and no big deal. Now I'm at the 5 week mark and today I got two deep pimples (not white heads) and I'm thinking these are ingrown hairs. But isn't it too early for ingrown hairs?

Also, can someone explain what to do? Can I get a towel and soak in hot water and place on my head?

I'm thankful for any help.