• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pitting

J

JJ09

I have pitting in the immediate hairline from mini graft places there 18 years ago'''ss'' and was considering using a CO2 type laser treatment to eradicate them.

Does anyone have experience with this type of procedure would it destroy the hair follicles as well (not that I would want this to occur)?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JJ09.

I have no experience of this but if you could possibly post some close up shots of your pitting so we can see what you`re dealing with.

Thanks bm.

J

JJ09

It is a bit difficult to see on this picture (i will try to take a better one). The Dr made 3mm slits straight down my forehead to place the grafts which have been removed.

There are around 20 that measure approximately 2mm long x 1/2mm deep.

Attachments

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea can`t really see much in that picture.3mm slits,thats bad.

Have you had any opinions from docs on your next course of action.

Take care

bm.

J

JJ09

This is just one of many issues I need to deal with. I haven €™t discussed the pitting specifically only my needs to be hat free (unfortunately too much work lol) if I can achieve that then the pitting will only be obvious in bad light.

I have heard of the CO2 laser being effective with acne scarring. If this treatment would prove successful, I would not have to worry about thickening the hairline too much.

One possible concern may be discolouration of skin tone when treating only one area rather then the whole face.

J

JJ09

The pitting looked a lot worse when I had 3 and 4 hair mini grafts growing out of them.

I'm sure no Dr would perform this type of surgery these days.))N_):)