• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Planning for future hair loss

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Bore da,

I have a question. If one was a NW2 or 3, was 28 years old, and possessed a virgin scalp how would a clinic approach this kind of case? By this I mean does a Dr anticipate that this person could end up say as a NW6 and plan for this eventuality during the first procedure? The reason for the question is that i dont know if there is any hair loss on either side of my family.

Shang

Last edited:
S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi shang,

probably my biggest concern my eventual NW destination, we share the same dilema,the only person in my family with hair loss is my father who did'nt start to lose till he was 50-ish, maternal side all have excellent NW1 thick hair till the day they died (i am not joking).

I personnally started to lose @ approx age 30 but with there being virtually nil MPB in the family except my father who started @ 50 i was,nt to concerned i just thought it was more of a mature hairline, probably 1 year later i noticed my front third diffusing so decided to buzz down again thinking it will not get much worse, and kept it buzzed G-1 G-2 for several years and never really took mush notice of it TBH until some 1 took great glee in informing me that i was starting to thin in the crown well this really galvanised me in to researching MPB, long story short jumped on fin and minox 15months ago and am researching HTP like a madman.

i guess there really is no way to predict eventual NW with people like us except to look at both side of the family going back a few generations and see if any 1 has a similar balding pattern as you,incidentally the only other person in my lineage with MPb is my paternal great grandfather who was a solid NW-6 god forbid ::;mbwho had 6 sons not 1 of them had MPB ,so who knows.

BTW i,m a NW 4-5 Diffuser hoping i dont head NW-6

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member

SP, yeah its a lottery, you have a bit of an advantage over me though as when I say I don €™t know if there is any hair loss on either side of my family, I literally don't know because I was adopted.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good question.

It would be good to hear from some clinics.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is a good question and I would imagine that there are several factors that they look at:

-current hairloss pattern

-strength of native hair

-density of native hair

-family history

-donor area characterstics

-body hair features

-on meds?

-current and future financial ability

I would have to think that any clinic worth their weight is going to error on the side of caution and be careful with too youthful of a hairline if there is any doubt as to any of the above. Remember, more Fu can always be added but to try and correct a hairline that is too low and dense is a huge challenge. Unfortunately I believe that in the future there might be a good number of patients of Dr. A_____i that might face this delemna.

NN