• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Post hair transplant - headwear.

H

Hollinrj

Hello all!

I understand after your HT you are usually given a protective hat from the company to protect your graft from initial damage and weather.

I have been advised to no wear a hat or scratch your head or rub your grafts especially in the first two weeks.

After this time the grafts should he permanent.

after the two weeks you are told you can wear a loose fitted cap for the first month, you can then wear whatever you like afterward the first month.

I work in a warehouse environment with vans coming in and out all day.

I was thinking of wearing either a loose cap or comfortable beanie hat for the first 4/6 months at work only.

do you think this will be a problem after the first month? has anyone else worn hats for the first 4/6 months whilst your new hair grows?

R

reddwarf

I've read that a loose fitting ball cap is usually ok, if you look on some of the write ups on here you see people wearing a baseball cap after surgery. So long as its loose and doesn't rub the top of your head I cant see it being an issue personally. Maybe just try to wear it is little as possible for first 10 days or so until things are secure....hey I'm only saying what I've read though so dont take it as gospel.